Look at the Halves I got at the bank today

milco

Elite Member
Went to the bank today to make a deposit and noticed these grimy black looking halves in the tellers coin holder. I asked her if I could buy them and I did. They were all dark and had some sort of black goop on them like tar or something. Anyway with a little help, acetone and scrubbing here they are, four 40% halves from '67 & '68.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 475
Nice finds,

I certainly hope you asked if they had any rolls you could buy! Someone had turned them in, and maybe there are some more around in the vault or in the other tellers trays!

Had one of my banks call me yesterday saying they just got $70 in halves in, went down there, and 2 were hand rolled but not marked, the other 5 rolls were mint rolled.

Bought them all, the 2 hand rolled were various clad, the other 5 mint rolls were also clad, but all were BU 1998 Kennedys. Don't know what to do with those!

Sometimes ya win, sometimes ya get slammed. The pickings have dried up around a 20 mile radius of me, guess I hit the jackpot that one week, but only 10 for the last 3 weeks! :(

Nice pickups tho!

Ed

"I certainly hope you asked if they had any rolls you could buy! Someone had turned them in, and maybe there are some more around in the vault or in the other tellers trays!"

I did ask if they had anymore or any rolls and they unfortunately did not. Oh well, I'll take these.

Nice! I have to order 1000 at a time. Nobody around here stocks halves. That was good tray find. I've got several tellers keeping thier eyes open for old stuff, for me.:cool:

My CHR hunting has gone to the dogs I guess, my luck has run out.

Yesterday I went thru over $1200. in halves, not ONE good coin! :(

Did hear (what was to me) a horror story at one bank about 40 miles north of home...
Seems a lady turned in 3 mason jars of halves on Thursday, the bank had them ready to send back to the Fed when a guy came in about 2 hours before me and bought them all!

The teller said they all looked 'funny', so I just stood there for a minute and almost cried!

Just imagine what may have been in grandma's Mason jars!

Arrrrgggg.........

Ed

Back
Top Bottom