Coin Roll Hunting bring in 100 year old find!!

bbader61gv

So if you ve been reading my posts you would know that I have become addicted to coin roll hunting recently. I have gone to the bank on three occasions this week and searched through a total of $29 worth of pennies and have found 16 wheats and some canadian cents (two from the 60s).

Well today while hunting for my third time I went through $9 of pennies. I decided this time not to turn over the wheat cents until I was done searching all of them. I got to the end and flipped them over one by one. I couldnt believe my eyes when I saw a 1909 wheat penny! I looked at it for about a minute to make sure it was 1909 and it for sure was. The coin is in pretty good shape too!

Really cool finds, I love this addiction. (Still cant find these 59, 68S, and 72S anywhere!)

I looked, but I dont think it is on there. Where would I find the VDB? I just saw the same coin sell for $7 on eBay. I dont plan on selling it anytime soon, but when you find a $7 coin in $9 worth of pennies thats pretty cool.

It was just last night that I was reading up on the start of the lincoln penny and the whole VDB contreversy, so its just crazy that the next day I would find one. I always told myself that even though wheat cents aren't very valueable I figured at some point I would come across a good one.

Nice pull from a roll! The oldest I've found in a roll was a 1917. I did get an Indian head from the teller though, so i busted open a roll and took the top zincoln out and traded him. Does that make my IH a roll find? :)

The non VDB cents are much more common than the ones with, but still finding a 100 year old coin is awesome!

The VDB is very tiny and will be etched on the reverse side right above the rim, centered below the wheats. In very fine condition it could be worth around a grand.

Nice find... the mintmark would be right below the date... and as Geez said, the VDB is on the reverse, at the bottom. You should get a Redbook.. has all the US coins, varietes, values etc... RickO

The VDB is very tiny and will be etched on the reverse side right above the rim, centered below the wheats. In very fine condition it could be worth around a grand.

It would need to have an S mint mark to be worth a grand. Otherwise it's under $20.

Good find! The more you look the older the finds get. 1883 is my oldest, so far. If I can do it so can everybody else. HH

It would need to have an S mint mark to be worth a grand. Otherwise it's under $20.

You are correct. I forgot to mention that part even though I know it all to well. Almost gave me a heart attack when I found mine, and then the letdown when there was no 'S'. :(

Back
Top Bottom