The March Silver Lion roared again this week!

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
Lots of pics in this thread...HA HA.

Got the stock 5 boxes at the bank on Thursday...but the teller said...we had a problem...the Loomis guy dumped the boxes and one broke to pieces in the vault but we put all the rolls from it in a bag for you...so I stood there and counted the rolls in the clear bag and luckily it was 50 so everything was ok. When KT returned to the Castle, He brought the bag in and started with it first. Wouldn't you know it...only a few NIFCs and 1 87 were recovered. But box 2 was a nice surprise giving up 1 64 Ken, 1 40%er, a few more NIFCs and 2 87 Kens! Box 3 did have 1 40%er and some additional NIFCs. Box 4 came along and surprise...another 64 Ken! ....yes and a few more NIFCs. Finally, box 5 turned out to be a silver dud, but a few more NIFCs and the only proof of the hunt...it actually looks better in person than the photo which for some reason focused on every surface scratch...looks like it went through a sand blaster...but looks pretty to the eye, anywho!

So the total silver this week was 2 64 Kens and 2 40%ers...not too bad a roar! 22 NIFCs, 1 proof and 3 87 Kens rounded it out. Also, in the pics is KT's newest piece of jewelry...a bolo tie with a silver commemorative Arkansas centennial half. KT purchased the bolo finding off of ebay and it contained a 67 40%er Ken, which He removed and the 1935 Arkansas 90% Ag half was also bought...at a particularly reasonable price...most on ebay are over $100, but this one came all the way from Armenia for $34..shipping paid for. This is not a collector quality coin but will work fine in this tie! Also recovered a St. Jude medallion (looks to be silver plated as no marking) from the coin machine this morning! HA HA

Best of luck to everyone on the Forum this coming week, whether MDing or CRHing....and enjoy the pics! :D:D

Attachments

• CRH 03 26 2016 2 64 Kens.JPG
    CRH 03 26 2016 2 64 Kens.JPG
    149.5 KB · Views: 122
  • CRH 03 26 2016 2 40%3er Kens.jpg
    CRH 03 26 2016 2 40%3er Kens.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 124
  • CRH 03 26 2016 22 NIFCs.jpg
    CRH 03 26 2016 22 NIFCs.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 121
  • CRH 03 26 2016 3 87 Kens.jpg
    CRH 03 26 2016 3 87 Kens.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 120
  • CRH 03 26 2016 1 Proof.JPG
    CRH 03 26 2016 1 Proof.JPG
    103.2 KB · Views: 119
  • Royal Jewelry.jpg
    Royal Jewelry.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 124
  • CRH 03 25 2016 St. Jude Medallion silver plated.jpg
    CRH 03 25 2016 St. Jude Medallion silver plated.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 120
Your Excellency, very nice stroll through the ebay neighborhood and the coin changers booth as well as the Treasury! Looks like all is as it should be in your happy Kingdom!:laughing:
Mud

Another good week for his highness! Gotta say the bolo is...interesting. I'm sure I'm not cowboy enough to pull off wearing something like that. Glad you found a good deal on the AR half, too.

Since switching to a Loomis bank, I've had numerous boxes get busted open before I received them -- usually one end gets blown out. Cheap cardboard, poor box design. Brinks half boxes are way stronger.

Oh yeah, meant to add that St. Jude is looking pretty scary. Dark eyes -- and is that a dagger in one hand and a skull in the other? Do not *&^% with St. Jude! :wow:

Another good week for his highness! Gotta say the bolo is...interesting. I'm sure I'm not cowboy enough to pull off wearing something like that. Glad you found a good deal on the AR half, too.

Since switching to a Loomis bank, I've had numerous boxes get busted open before I received them -- usually one end gets blown out. Cheap cardboard, poor box design. Brinks half boxes are way stronger.

Oh yeah, meant to add that St. Jude is looking pretty scary. Dark eyes -- and is that a dagger in one hand and a skull in the other? Do not *&^% with St. Jude! :wow:

Ha ha, St. jude is the patron saint of lost causes...supposed to be a walking stick in his hand...did not find a similar image anywhere on googling of st. jude medallion. So KT has no idea what he is holding...wikipedia article stated he often is depicted holding an image of Jesus, whoever made this medal had a strange idea of Christ's image! :shock:

That pic was taken with my digital microscope at about 10X magnification...lighting is such that the image looks very harsh.

As for the bolo, since KT likes coins, particularly silver halves, and that one is based out of Arkansas statehood, it is appropriate...and I got a Native American friend who I know is really going to like it! It celebrated Native American culture across Arkansas at the 100 year anniversary of statehood. Ha ha KT is no cowboy, but it will look good with His Majesty's Royal black motorcycle jacket!

Back
Top Bottom