1st Penny Box Ever!

Isaac43

Banned
Hello,

I did my first CRH today. I got a box of pennies and I think I did well. They were all in plastic see-through rolls, so I didn't know what to expect. I got a few newer wheats and "S" mint marks... when I opened my 44th roll I hit a great coin. A 1909 V.D.B. in great condition, probably beginners luck. :D

208inn7.jpg

I also found:

2009s: 9
"S" Mint Marks: 5
Canadian: 9
Wheats: 10 (all 40s and 50s except for the 1909 V.D.B.)

Thanks for reading!

- Isaac

Holy cow... I have looked through tons of boxes and my oldest wheat is 1912!! Congrats... get out there and get yourself another box!!!

Is there a pic showing the back bottom of the coin? If so, my iPad doesn't show it. :?:

LOL He only has one pic posted and that is the obverse! Besides to get a good pic of the actual VDB he would need a usb microscope like KT has....:D

Almost forgot!!!! Congrats on a great coin from your first CRH! Now you see why we like to CRH!

I see now I read it wrong. Im thinking of buying my first penny box so I should prob know whstbto look for.

There is nothing to look for really, its a sealed box with sealed penny rolls. But if anything go to an independently owned bank, not a national branch.

For me I do my coin hunts at work, we get so busy I go through 10 rolls in a shift, brought home 10 wheats this month.

Back
Top Bottom