Gearing up...

STAG15

Gearing up for my first CRH...
Went ahead and ordered my first two boxes of halves. Wanted to start with a bang. Unfortunately they won't get here until next Wed, but after that I should have a box per week rolling in.

Opened an additional checking account at a chain bank to use as a dump...

Question for you experienced CRHers though...

Would there be a benefit of opening another account at a bank say...50 miles away in another state, to perhaps be able to also order boxes from there? Maybe so they are pulling from different depots when I order the halves? More variety, more chance for good finds?

Also, do you guys use any kind of big swing-arm lighted magnifier or anything like that to help you process lots of coins without getting too much eyestrain? If so, could you recommend a good one? :-)

Did a couple boxes of pennies and realized I was going blind..hehe.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Gearing up for my first CRH...
Went ahead and ordered my first two boxes of halves. Wanted to start with a bang. Unfortunately they won't get here until next Wed, but after that I should have a box per week rolling in.

Opened an additional checking account at a chain bank to use as a dump...

Question for you experienced CRHers though...

Would there be a benefit of opening another account at a bank say...50 miles away in another state, to perhaps be able to also order boxes from there? Maybe so they are pulling from different depots when I order the halves? More variety, more chance for good finds?

Also, do you guys use any kind of big swing-arm lighted magnifier or anything like that to help you process lots of coins without getting too much eyestrain? If so, could you recommend a good one? :-)

Did a couple boxes of pennies and realized I was going blind..hehe.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

It ever hurts to get your coins from more then one bank .One maybe dry while the other could be a silver mine.I use a lighted magnifer for cents my eyes are going and can't see the dates after looking at a couple thousand coins.GOOD lUCK!!!

Thanks RIdetector!
I will post my results.

(Last night at the treasure club meeting they rafffled off a couple of walking liberty halves...I didn't win one but it got me droolin! Can't wait for Wed)

Back
Top Bottom