• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Sending my Pro-Pointer II for repairs

Well, used my "repaired" PP for the 1st time today :roll:

Same problem, turn it on, light comes on, won't signal on target....have to turn it off and back on :mad:

Once it gets to the point of being a PITA....I'll post pics of it after I run over it with my truck. POS.......

I used mine for a short hunt days ago. Mine worked okay for the short time I used it, next time... who knows

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

I've had my Pro Pointer II since August this year, it's now starting to act up, not finding target unless I turn it off and then back on. It will find my digger easily but not the coin that's right at the top unless I turn it off / on.
Very strange....

I'd call Garrett and get an RMA and get it repaired. Hopefully yours will be fixed the first time

Well, used my "repaired" PP for the 1st time today :roll:

Same problem, turn it on, light comes on, won't signal on target....have to turn it off and back on :mad:

Once it gets to the point of being a PITA....I'll post pics of it after I run over it with my truck. POS.......

Did you call Garrett back? What did they say about it now?

Nope, not going to. How many times do I spend money shipping something back before I just cut my losses and put it towards something reliable? I'll never buy another Garrett product.

It's up to you but, Garretts would surely supply you with an RMA number for free shipping once they knew you didn't get repaired.

It's up to you but, Garretts would surely supply you with an RMA number for free shipping once they knew you didn't get repaired.
They didn't do that for me.. mine has been "repaired" three times. Mine had be working good until yesterday, when it wouldn't work once with off/on action. I've used it two other times without incident..

They didn't do that for me.. mine has been "repaired" three times. Mine had be working good until yesterday, when it wouldn't work once with off/on action. I've used it two other times without incident..

I'm confused. Didn't you make the same suggestion of getting an RMA?

If I get something back from repair and it's still having the same issue...they usually go automatic with an RMA. I don't know the time window but Garretts given an inherent 30 day or so warranty on repairs.

Yes, The RMA gives you authorization to return it to Garrett for repair... you pay the shipping to Garrett, it's not free... Garrett, however, ships it back to you free. to me it's not so much the cost as to get it returned and still having problems.. My old, original, propointer was returned to Garrett for falsing(many people had same problem with theirs) it was returned and still falsing. I called Garrett and informed them that is was still falsing.. The told me then it was out of warranty and I would have to pay for the repair.. I had no reason then to believe it would work any better after a second trip to Tx then it did on the 1st trip.. I have been using Garrett detectors since the 80's and the Pro-pointers are the only Garrett products that I have had trouble with besides the AT Pro which I have EMI issues with at certain locations.. ther I either use my E-Trac or one of my analog detectors.. eg. Freedom II plus, 7X, 1266X or Cibola..

Maybe time for a new pinpointer

Fisher and Teknetics have a new PI pinpointer coming out any day now

Attachments

• 0FF2C3B4-66CE-40CC-848B-3545A7C68D4B.jpg
    0FF2C3B4-66CE-40CC-848B-3545A7C68D4B.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 192
  • DE2625BF-DBF0-41E6-98D8-C24BDBA7BACF.jpg
    DE2625BF-DBF0-41E6-98D8-C24BDBA7BACF.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 188
Yes, The RMA gives you authorization to return it to Garrett for repair... you pay the shipping to Garrett, it's not free... Garrett, however, ships it back to you free. to me it's not so much the cost as to get it returned and still having problems.. My old, original, propointer was returned to Garrett for falsing(many people had same problem with theirs) it was returned and still falsing. I called Garrett and informed them that is was still falsing.. The told me then it was out of warranty and I would have to pay for the repair.. I had no reason then to believe it would work any better after a second trip to Tx then it did on the 1st trip.. I have been using Garrett detectors since the 80's and the Pro-pointers are the only Garrett products that I have had trouble with besides the AT Pro which I have EMI issues with at certain locations.. ther I either use my E-Trac or one of my analog detectors.. eg. Freedom II plus, 7X, 1266X or Cibola..

Any RMA that was issued to me was a shipping label, paid for by them. It was free.

Did Garretts tell you that shipping wasn't paid for? It was their failure to get it fixed. I'd like to know if that is their policy not to pay shipping on a repair failure. I don't blame you at all if that is the case.

Last edited:
what did you send back to Garrett? Gauntlet & I had to pay for our shipping

what did you send back to Garrett? Gauntlet & I had to pay for our shipping

Thanks for the knowledge about their shipping policy. Under these conditions, I am not proud of Garretts about failing a repair and making y'all pay.

I never had to ship my pointers too Garretts, I live in north Dallas/Mckinney so I drove mine in. The experiences with other vendors included shipping, but those mighta been returns for DOA or dissatisfaction under guaranteed satisfaction.

I now remember one Whites customers having to send in a detector 4 times and he had to pay. My thought then was that he got screwed. It ain't cheap shipping a detector with insurance.

Sorry for my assumption.

Thanks for the knowledge about their shipping policy. Under these conditions, I am not proud of Garretts about failing a repair and making y'all pay.

I never had to ship my pointers too Garretts, I live in north Dallas/Mckinney so I drove mine in. The experiences with other vendors included shipping, but those mighta been returns for DOA or dissatisfaction under guaranteed satisfaction.

I now remember one Whites customers having to send in a detector 4 times and he had to pay. My thought then was that he got screwed. It ain't cheap shipping a detector with insurance.

Sorry for my assumption.
Np. I figured that the would pay since it wasn't fixed the 1st time. The paying is not so bad except for the pp not being fixed

I used mine today. doing the same thing again several times. I too have sent mine in for the last time...

If anyone REALLY isn't going to send theirs back and it will just go to waste, I'd love to have one of them to take it apart and play :)

I'd even cover the shipping ;)

I'm going to wait until it gets nu-usable.. then I going to swap out the PCB from my falsing original pro pointer

Back
Top Bottom