Louisiana??

FinalLastDays

Hello all, I am new here to this forum... I am from southern Louisiana and I use an Ace250. I am new at the hobby and would like to find others in my area that like to metal detect. Thanks!
~Stephan

What part of Louisiana? I'm from Washington Parish, originally. I'll be moving to Natchitoches in the next month or two.

I am from Leesville. Have been detecting around 8 years. Hope to get out more this year. Would be willing to hook up with some fellow Louisianans to enjoy a good day of detecting.

Ahh, Leesville. Do the New Llano Police still nabb speeders going .00005 miles over the speed limit? I "hung out" at Fort Polk for a few months.

Do you know if you can detect around Toledo Bend?

I know folks who have (many). It was really low last summer, a friend of mine found a couple gold rings in a swimming hole. I've gone on the Texas side beach - only a couple of coins.

The New Llano cops are better now. Of course, I've lived her 40 years so I now a lot of folks in the "right" places.

Appreciate the welcome - hope to post some pictures soon.

Hey Wampus!

Ay-yeee! Boy, do I miss them crawfish! I lived in Louisiana between 1994-2001. I was teaching in Mermentau and living in Lake Arthur. You got a few good hunting spots in Sou-west Louisiana, boy! Try to make a run at Holly Beach sometime and see what you come up with! Jean Laffite is said to have some stashes in the whereabouts. If you ever get into scuba-diving, rig yourself up with a submersible detector, get on Google Earth and look for dark spots about 20 miles out from the coast, then go check them out. There are still some Spanish Galleons out there in the Gulf of Mexico, and that's one way to find them (the ballast piles turn up as small dark blotches in Google Earth). While I was living there, we had a little company going called "Gulf Coast Discoveries" in which we did search and recovery dives, mostly for fishermen who would lose equipment in the water, but our ulterior motive was treasure hunting. We didn't have Google Earth back then, but we did have an air force pilot who would keep an eye peeled for these blotches, then log the coordinates and we'd later go and check them out by boat and dive.

Well, it's been quite a while since I have been in this post, and I see that there are quite a few posts here. Well, I live near New Iberia, LA. I metal detect mostly parks in the area and the oldest coin I have found is a 1940 Wheatie. My goal is to find pre-1900 coins as well as Civil War relics. If anyone has good sites that would deliver these goodies and wants to get together to metal detect, let me know! Since I do not come to this forum too often, I can be reached at [email protected]. I would not mind driving within 100 miles from my location, and the only day I am off of work is Sunday... I work 4am-4pm Mon-Sat.

I am from Leesville. Have been detecting around 8 years. Hope to get out more this year. Would be willing to hook up with some fellow Louisianans to enjoy a good day of detecting.

Hey Wampus!
I am from Leesville too, just got into detecting a few months ago and would like to have someone to go with. Possibly even some people to give me info on some more spots I can hunt in. Also, if anyone else is interested in getting together or has any info, let me know!

James

new to metal detecting

just got a ACE 250, going looking for Lafitte's junk!! I live down da bayou still having issues with using this site! just found it ! I know some places in the march where folks lived years ago!

Back
Top Bottom