So. Cal. Silver #51 With A Little Coinstar Help

Jamflicker

Elite Member
I went and cashed in about $260 in clad from the first six months of this year. After I finished with the dimes, I checked the reject tray and there were 3 dimes it didn't like. I check them out and one was a 1961 Rosie for my 51st silver coin of the year. I don't know how I missed that when I sorted my finds. I even double check the edges after I tumble them, but thankfully coinstar machines don't like the silver coins. Jason

Attachments

• Silver 51 Coinstar.jpg
    Silver 51 Coinstar.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 287
You must be going blind, 'cause that stands out like a sore thumb:lol: Maybe it was already in the bin, did you check before you started dumping? Nice score regardless of origin...Congrats!

You must be going blind, 'cause that stands out like a sore thumb:lol: Maybe it was already in the bin, did you check before you started dumping? Nice score regardless of origin...Congrats!

I am getting old but hopefully not blind yet :) Yeah I dumped my nickels in first and then emptied the bin before doing the dimes. Still stumped how I missed an obvious silver but I will take it. Jason

Nice save Jason :yes: I rolled all my clad and took it to the bank, and I my have let some good silver go. :no:
As you know ,, silver don't always glitter coming out of the hole. :lol:

maybe you dumped your silver stash and only got back the one silver dime :?:

Still got my silver stash. :)

Nice save Jason :yes: I rolled all my clad and took it to the bank, and I my have let some good silver go. :no:
As you know ,, silver don't always glitter coming out of the hole. :lol:

Buzz, I alway check the dates of the Rosies because as you said they don't always glitter. I guess I need to check better. Jason

Back
Top Bottom