Upgrading from a Whites XLT

ftgokie

If you were going to upgrade from a Whites XLT, what would you get that you wouldnt have to add but maybe $200-300 for the upgrade? Or, is there a place where you can trade in your metal detector and upgrade to a newer one?

If this made any sence:roll:

If you plan on staying with White's the only upgrades from what you have are the DFX and V3i.......There's some good deals on used ones to be had.......The MXT is a great detector thats different to use compared to your XLT....I sure wouldn't call it a down grade...And of course there's the MXT PRO....

If you plan on staying with White's the only upgrades from what you have are the DFX and V3i.......There's some good deals on used ones to be had.......The MXT is a great detector thats different to use compared to your XLT....I sure wouldn't call it a down grade...And of course there's the MXT PRO....

Thanks....really was wanting an idea on other detectors also. I know alot of people are name brand loyal and thats fine, I am as well. But if there is something better out there that wouldnt cost alot more, what would they be?

Also, is there a place where you can trade in your good, used metal detector in on a new one with some cash added?

Thanks
Shawn

More than likely you won't get as much as you would like in a trade to a dealer.....Clean it up, check the functions, take some good pics and sell it on the classifieds here......Garrett, Fisher, Tesoro and Minelab are also good detectors so others may want to chime in now......Trade aside, what are you wanting to spend on a detector for the kind of hunting you want to do........Let us all know some more.....This will help in others making comments on other brands and models......Get an idea of what the market is on your XLT.........As far as brand loyal..:?:..Guilty as charged..:yes::yes:..they work great for me...:D

Totally agree to stay with Whites if you are coming off an XLT.

May I sugest you go directly to a Spectra/Vision III - V3/V3i.

Going to a DFX might be a too small improvement over your experience acquired with the XLT.

Going with the V3/V3i would be like the old Texas man marrying Anna-Nicole Smith, think of the smile he had, his dreams coming true ;)

Now go have some cookies and milk :lol:

Totally agree to stay with Whites if you are coming off an XLT.

May I sugest you go directly to a Spectra/Vision III - V3/V3i.

Have to agree, the learning curve coming from the XLT wouldn't be as steep as learning another brand. However if you like the challenge, then go for whatever ya like.
Sorry I can't offer any information on other brands.

Back
Top Bottom