New Whites Vision Spectra

West Texas John

Forum Supporter
Hi Friendlies, I want to just get some feedback from the Whites detector users and fans. Does the new Whites Vision appeal to you just from seeing the information on the internet enough to consider buying it and would you spend the amount it takes to purchase one? Ok thanks everyone and good hunting!

John T.
John's Detectors

John,

The Vision is certainly an interesting machine with attractive possibilities.

I for one would like to see side by side, performance benchmark comparisons. A field report stating something like "I went out and found this reale" proves nothing. At the suggested list price I would like to see how it compares against other "best in class" detectors. For example, will it hit on and correctly ID a silver coin deeper than an Explorer with approximately the same size coil? Or, will it hit on small gold jewelry deeper than an MXT?

Anyway, those are my two zincs.

Hi Rudy, I must agree, I also would like to see more realistic testing and results instead of the I found X coin at 8 inches with good ID. These machines at these prices need to have some serious advances and results because we are entering a different category now. So if the makers expect me to sell these instruments then we need to start seeing some major advances in depth, accurate ID at depth, and consistency in these areas. Thanks Rudy for your thoughts and be safe.

John T.
John's Detectors

Hi Epi, this is what I am looking for on feedback and thank you much. I'm with you and I am hoping that the Vision will prove itself well in the field. We are at these prices leaving the weekend park hunter behind. Yep we need to start seeing some much higher benchmarks for sure. Ok Epi many thanks and good hunting for you.

John T.
John's Detectors

I'm with the rest. I'm not impressed by reports that a detector found 200 coins in 2 days, unless it was done at a hard hit worked out site.

I'm with the rest. I'm not impressed by reports that a detector found 200 coins in 2 days, unless it was done at a hard hit worked out site.

agreed! I want to see what it does in a park or CW camp site that has been hunted for years.

I'm in the market for a new detector and want to have this one as an option, but I don't want to pay $1600 for a detector without the data to prove that it's that much better than a DFX (which I can get for $1000 less if I buy one used).

I agree with Angie here over the price... I'm going to go one step farther though... in this economy their price isn't justified... way I see it a person with a current detector who knows what they are doing can out hunt a person with a detector with more bells and whistles... these companies keep boosting prices... maybe they should look outside they may notice we are in a recession.. :roll:

Hey Angie... I maybe interested in selling you my DFX if your interested... It has two coils... PM me..

What is discouraging me is:

...you can use all the coil-stuff from the dfx/mxt/m6 range. but you better use the "V" marked ones.

...the rechargeables are NiMh. That was a good one a few years ago. Now the real good thing is Lithium-ion polymer batteries. They use this stuff in the Pulse TDI.

...and last but not least what I've seen in the videos you have to dig those ring pulls or you can miss some nice and small gold. (if you're after for).

To my thoughts a different dfx with one more frequency, color screen, lighten up key pads, and a DD as stock coil. Like ML uses a long time.

JMHO

What is discouraging me is:

...you can use all the coil-stuff from the dfx/mxt/m6 range. but you better use the "V" marked ones.

...the rechargeables are NiMh. That was a good one a few years ago. Now the real good thing is Lithium-ion polymer batteries. They use this stuff in the Pulse TDI.

...and last but not least what I've seen in the videos you have to dig those ring pulls or you can miss some nice and small gold. (if you're after for).

To my thoughts a different dfx with one more frequency, color screen, lighten up key pads, and a DD as stock coil. Like ML uses a long time.

JMHO

HI Vito,
My understanding is that the DFX/MXT/M6 coils will work with the Vision -- most of the time. However, some of them may not work (will overload) in the Tx Boost mode. My take is that the "V" rated coils are more accurately induction balanced (nulled) to prevent the overload.

The above is my understanding, based on reading other posts and is not guaranteed to be accurate.

I also agree I want to hear reports from average joes in the field comparing them.

Every magazine article I have read always reports they found something in searched out parks when trying a new detector LOL.

I like when people bring a few detectors and cross check targets before digging.
I want to get a vision but only if it is not all hype.

Hi Friendlies, thank you for your opinions on the new Vision. I'm not sure if I should make a demo out of the one I have or leave it in the box. But I will probably give it a spin. But I do have to wonder where the cutoff point is going to be on what we will pay for them. Ok everyone be safe and good hunting!

John T.
John's Detectors

Whites Vision

I found this on utube and I was very impressed with the Vision. Check it out.

Link provided is no longer valid...Lowjiber

Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
HI Vito,
My understanding is that the DFX/MXT/M6 coils will work with the Vision -- most of the time. However, some of them may not work (will overload) in the Tx Boost mode. My take is that the "V" rated coils are more accurately induction balanced (nulled) to prevent the overload.

The above is my understanding, based on reading other posts and is not guaranteed to be accurate.

That is exactly what I mean, Rudy. If I'd go for the Spectra Series "Vision", I have to buy new coils. 6x10DD, Super 12", ...and what's about the 9.5 concentric?

Anyway, think it's a more complicated DFX, which has a lot of more switch on and go capabilities.
Love it or hate it. I'll do the last one. One kick due to this thing 's enough.:yes::lol:

What exactly is a V rated coil? Which coils are V rated, and which ones are not? I assume these are Whites coils?

Keep Swing'in
Jack

Hi Jack,

whites has the new coils available for the vision marked with a "V" in the serials. So all new coils for the E-Series (M6 is now included) with the "V" in the serial will work with the vision even in the boost mode.

The older ones will work too, but may be you have to power them down and they'll overload in the boost mode.

TC Metal Detecters!!!!!!!

Well I've found well over 300 coins in just over 4 hours with the DFX so this news you have has kind of put me off.

Tony talk to me whats this detecter all about and what can it do that the DXF doesnt. If its as good as it looks I'll buy one this weekend and my DFX will go up for sale for $500. I wouldnt want the headphones but could use a pinpointer talk to me!!!!!!!!

Jamie

Actually its a done deal I'm getting the Vision and have put my DFX detector up for sale to the highest bidder. I just looked at all the spcecs on line and colors alone will help me with my hunting 10 fold. As far as the other options they are far more advanced than anything Whites has ever come out with.

People talked about purchase price. Anyone who knows how to use a detector can pay for that in a summer. It's all about the digging just not digging trash.

Looks like a nice machine and if I could get my hands on one this weekend I'd be using it by Saturday.......

jamie

I agree with cmfct-pi .

Plus, over the 30 years I have been detecting - and reading the promos for the latest detectors - it all sounds the same. The only thing that changes is the price. Steve in so az

I also agree I want to hear reports from average joes in the field comparing them.

Every magazine article I have read always reports they found something in searched out parks when trying a new detector LOL.

I like when people bring a few detectors and cross check targets before digging.
I want to get a vision but only if it is not all hype.

I agree with GreenMeanie......about average joes reviewing these, but at the price they want the average joe can't afford them.

They could offer a discount to the members of this forum to test and report on them, but then again they may be afraid they won't like the reviews:?:.

Sorry, just thinking out loud............

I recently purchased the dfx and made that decision based on feedback from people who have been using the machine. No such input yet on the vision.
I am sure the new vision is probably a great machine, as Whites makes a great product. But it seems the machine is being marketed to the "buy the latest and greatest" croud. If you know what I mean?
No offense intended, but I would bet that many who purchase the vision will buy because it is the newest and therefore must be better philosophy.
I agree stories and claims of super finds at incredible depths dont impress me. There are always the folks that will buy it because they want to be able to say they have the best machine Whites makes. Hopefully we can get real input from them on its performance at some point in the future, but it may only happen after the next new detector comes out.
Fortunatly there will be those who can afford to buy it and try it and give us all real feedback, good and bad. TX

Back
Top Bottom