Just got permission!

metaladdict

Elite Member
Victorian house teardown! A new winery going in. I asked the construction office and they said I could detect at lunch time after they take out the house!Yes!!:mder::woohoo::woot::laughbounce:

that's awesome....it's a shame you can't detect before the teardown, since after it's gone there will likely be more junk...but it will still be a great hunt

that's awesome....it's a shame you can't detect before the teardown, since after it's gone there will likely be more junk...but it will still be a great hunt

When I saw some plastic sprinklers in the front lawn my hopes drooped but I am still gonna poke around for something as much as I can.

Well done, addict! Hopefully the front yard sink rate isn't as steep as you're fearing.

What a bummer about that old Victorian getting demolished!!...Really...those old genuine Vics were works of art that I doubt could be replicated now a days! All that wood was handcut and all those nails were hand driven!

Nowadays?.. OSB, vinyl siding, foam trim, snap-loc flooring? and plastic film stained glass overlay? What a dman shame! Its like somebody grinding up a MichelAngelo sculpture and using the dust to pour a plastic resin Garden Gnome!

Hope you find something though...even pieces of the original copper flashing I would consider a treasure...

Attachments

• gnome.jpg
    gnome.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 208
What a bummer about that old Victorian getting demolished!!...Really...those old genuine Vics were works of art that I doubt could be replicated now a days! All that wood was handcut and all those nails were hand driven!

Nowadays?.. OSB, vinyl siding, foam trim, snap-loc flooring? and plastic film stained glass overlay? What a dman shame! Its like somebody grinding up a MichelAngelo sculpture and using the dust to pour a plastic resin Garden Gnome!

Hope you find something though...even pieces of the original copper flashing I would consider a treasure...

I agree, its a shame. I would love to own one but hate the upkeep.

Very cool. Congratulations on the bravery to go up and ask them. Now go find some nice Victorian things!

Back
Top Bottom