• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Whites New Machines

Surf Master

Forum Supporter
Has anyone herd anything about the New 3 Whites machines coming out ? I have been waiting, it's time for Whites to Come Out Of The Shell :roll::yes::impatient::foottap::jail::police::secret::shrug::timer::waiting::agree: howboutit

I've heard stuff for years. They have to be in trouble financially. They have not really had an across the board hit. Garrett on the other hand hit it big with the Ace 250. They then used that money to make the Propointer. Then still moving forward they developed the ATpro. Again a huge hit. Now the new PropointerAT. It would seem to me that Garrett is looking into the future on new amphibious products. Whites on the other hand likes to change decals and coils and call them "new" machines. Yes the V series are pretty good. But they do not appeal to the masses like the reasonably priced ATpro. Whites is again playing catch up with the Pinpointers and needs to hit a Home run on their next release of it may be all over. They NEED to make an ATpro killer to do it. NOT stick a new decal on an existing machine! Now you guys may hate what I said and this is just my opinion.
PS: I have voiced this opinion to Whites directly. Almost word for word. This was the result of the addition of the new "All Pro" sticker. How many decals did the XLT go through? Three I think with no change in the machine. I do not want to see Whites bite the dust. I actually want them to be on top again.

I gotta agree with you Khouse...I've had several whites machines and you hit the nail on the head. I think the V3i was a big flop. It was supposed to be their big machine, but just fell flat. I had one and sold it. Their design is old and tired, stuck in the 80s and 90s in my opinion. Their customer service is outstanding, but that only goes so far. On a whole, it boils down to product. I still have some older whites units, but as far as buying something new from them? They will need to do a 180 in regards to technology as well as design and ease of use. After I sold my V3i I turned my back on them and went to minelab and garrett, best move I ever made in this hobby. It will take a heck of a lot for me to even consider looking into a new machine from them.

Again, hate to bash them, like you, I would love to see them succeed. They are a 'nice' company....just are not keeping up in my opinion.

Khouse

:imo: Garrett is behind the Pack, Picked up a AT Pro from a buddy and tried it, didn't like the display, in which Whites Blows it away and I might say having all top end , low end mid range machines Whites display and target analysis is on top of all other manufacturers including minelab :shock: , didn't like the Atpro period, as far as their new replica water proof pointer, Garrett was loosing business to the TRX, the pro pointer is # 2 now in :imo: , maybe a good thing for the Atpro users , but as a water hunter also, a water proof pointer is not necessary, and most land hunter's don't need them also, unless you fresh water stream hunt, than I could find a need for one, otherwise I see it as just a reaction to the TRX that came out , as far as the Ace, Teknetics Euro Tek pro, is much better, as they lost business from them, in my eyes Garrett needs to play catch up :shock::roll::yes:

I don't know how crazy I am with the AT pro either. Only used it for a few minutes....very chatty. Hopefully its just a setting. I tried turning the sensitivity down, but that didn't help much. You are right, the display does leave a bit to be desired, but it is what I expected from a mid-level machine.

Not really cutting

On the Atpro, I just didn't like it, all the hype maybe is the reason for the sales, and a 10 ft water proof fresh water machine with a display, as far as Whites, one of the machines I think will super seed the Ctx3030s with a nicer display, along with better target analysis, this will kill the Atpro sales a bit , but keep in mind that it probably wont because the Atpro is a mid range detector, I think Whites is targeting minelabs top end display waterproof model , however that's one out of 3 , the 2nd , machine might target the Atpro mid range, as the display in my eyes needs a over haul :roll::yes:

I really hope that is the case! I love choices! Nothing is better than companies competing on a level playing field. The recent explosion in the pinpointer market for example. I love that the garrett is not the only one anymore. Hopefully it will keep prices somewhat low, and quality somewhat high. I've never seen anything more hated and loved at the same time than the GPP.

I really hope whites pulls these machines out and hits a home run...at least on one of the three! I'm curious if they're going to change the famous battery box location and size that is pretty much the same on all their units. I'd like to see it more compact and maybe in a different spot for better balance.

The ATpro has it's issues for sure. No machine is perfect. I agree with the tiny display on the ATpro and the crappy coil and headphone connectors. But it doesn't cost 12 or 15 hundred bucks. I gave up on my first ATpro too early. But I have bought several since and do well with them.
I too believe that Whites has all of them beat as far as screen resolution. But in my opinion the V series or any other Whites falls behind the performance of my etrac and sometimes my ATpro. I still believe that Whites best machines are the M6 and MXTpro. (What? 15 year old technology?)
Now - the etrac has poor screen resolution and is nose heavy. Once again no machine is perfect.
The new PropointerAT is not just a waterproof Propointer. It has many more features mostly due to the competition. Even if a hunter never uses a waterproof pinpointer or detector in the water you are still ahead with one. Meaning a waterproof machine makes it dust and rainproof.
As far as the Euro Pro, F2 etc machines - they only came to be after the success of the 250. Yes those two machines are better performers but Garrett already had/has a foot hold and still sell thousands of them.
I think Garrett took all their profits and decided to look to the future in R&D instead of lining their pockets and getting fat.
I personally don't like the TRX and I've owned a few. I do not like the instability in the way the machine drifts back to being unstable after a retune. I don't like the flat button that I have to find each time I push it. I don't like that it doesn't have side detection. I don't like the light that really doesn't work. I do however lover the depth, AA battery option and lanyard hole.
Again this is my opinion. We are so fortunate to have a lot of different machine that fit our style of hunting.

I think Whites has a good detector line-up. Remember there is really no new technology in the metal detecting world- just bells and whistles and maybe an amphibious machine here and there. A lot of old models in every manufacturers line up that's for sure. The MXT is a 2002 model if I am correct.

KHouse

I have a Etrac, great machine with after market coils, the V3i has better color ID screen , and better target information, the problem that most don't understand is the ability to tweak the V3i, it is a great machine, I am fairly new to it , but I see a close comparison in performance compared to the Etrac, The etrac does have a fairly dead on FE-Co screen, which I do like, wish it had a color screen, an had target analysis like the Whites, as far as your statement as falling behind, I disagree , the only complaint that I can see, that I don't like is the 10d2 coil, and the coil cover's come of way to hard, on the V3i, and the Surf PI Df, I bought the sef 8x6 and 10x12s most recently for the machine, havn't used them, but the 10x12 on the V3i air tested 11 1/2 inches on a dime , with out a tweak, the ground is frozen here now, but I can't wait to try it in dirt , I expect great results ,happy hunting , Earl

That is what drove me crazy about the V3i ... I consider myself pretty tech savvy, but it was just too complicated for me. I got overwhelmed. I gave it a years worth of time and frustration and just couldn't get it. The screen was great, the target ID's were great, no doubt. But since switching over to minelab I've become more of a sound hunter...I guess I had no choice lol. I was surprised that the Etrac didn't have a better display, quite frankly, I'm not overly impressed with ANY of the displays on the market today. None of them really knock my socks off. The technology is definitely available, it just doesn't seem to be applied in detectors at all. Even $29.00 cell phones have beautiful displays, and cameras!

I was told about 4 months ago by someone "In the know" that Whites is working on what they are calling an Enduro model. No release date was given. So what does this mean? Heck - I'm working on being a multi millionaire - no release date from me either! LOL

I wish they would come back with the old Surfmaster II fresh water detector. I loved that thing. You can not even find a good used one. I called them some time back about repair on them .. They will still repair them... KEN

I wish they would come back with the old Surfmaster II fresh water detector. I loved that thing. You can not even find a good used one. I called them some time back about repair on them .. They will still repair them... KEN
Ditto. Probably a ton more fresh water hunters than salties.? (Just a guess) The Sm2 is really all you need for fresh. I mean really set them to disc out iron and go...

Back
Top Bottom