Best Underwater detector for a platinum ring

Neil671

Hi, we lost a wedding ring and engagement ring in about 20ft of salt water in a boat marina (near Oban, Scotland). Divers found one ring but believe the other to be under the silt and have been unable to locate it. So I would like to buy an underwater metal detector to be used by an expert diver (but novice metal detector) who can use it to search for the other ring (made of platinum). Does anyone have any ideas what I should buy. (I don't mind too much about cost - as I will resell on ebay when we have finished with it - and a bit of a loss will be worth bearing if we can recover the ring).

Thanks in advance

Neil

Hi, we lost a wedding ring and engagement ring in about 20ft of salt water in a boat marina (near Oban, Scotland). Divers found one ring but believe the other to be under the silt and have been unable to locate it. So I would like to buy an underwater metal detector to be used by an expert diver (but novice metal detector) who can use it to search for the other ring (made of platinum). Does anyone have any ideas what I should buy. (I don't mind too much about cost - as I will resell on ebay when we have finished with it - and a bit of a loss will be worth bearing if we can recover the ring).

Thanks in advance

Neil

Well, I use a Minelab Excalibur II for my in water hunts. It works well, completely submersible to 200ft.

I think any water machine you buy will work fine for you however it takes a bit of skill to use these machines. It is easy for someone to miss something if they are not well versed on using these machines. You have to not only have some experience under your belt, but know your specific machine well to know what it's telling you. Best of luck in finding your lost items.

My advice for you is to find a local metal detecting club near you and get a volunteer detectorist on the case for you. Many clubs have people that will help you out for free. It's always nice to give them a reward for their efforts and a larger one if they find it for you.

I think you will be better off this way rather than spending a lot of money and still coming up short.

Back
Top Bottom