Buying an Ace 250

Theolonus

Ok, I read about the Ace 250 and I am really considering this one but I was going to ask, I live right beside the Mississippi River in Caruthersville, MO and wonder if this is a good probing ground to test it in. I know its a stupid question but I also want to know about the performance you guys have had out of the Ace 250. I would like to know the battery life of an Ace 250.

Theo - I don't know about an Ace's performance, but as far as batteries, get 2 sets of rechargeable NiMh, and then battery performance becomes a moot point! :yes:

Hello all I too and a newbie here looking to get myself and my 10 year old son into detecting. After several days of research I too think I am going purchase the Ace 250. I am going to sleep on it and then purchase one in the morning. I do have one local dealer I can try calling but not sure what kind of shop he has, otherwise I will end up purchasing online.

We will mostly be detecting in dirt. Occasionally on a river or lake bank and maybe once or twice a year taking it to the beach on vacation. Does anyone know where I can find information on detecting in Jamaica? That is our next planned vacation in October.

The Ace250 is a great starter detector. It has an automatic Ground Balance. Most places the detector will do good for you even where you're located , but , like somethings in this hobby , there are going to be instances where the Ace will not perform as well because it is limited in what it can do. If anyone wants to talk about this more , please call me (phone number on my site ) and I'll be glad to answer any and all questions you have on the Ace or other detectors. In the long run , I don;t think you can go wrong with an Ace250 as a starter detector. :yes:

I think the 250 is much more than a starter detector.

I've had mine for several months now, but not used it a great deal, preferring my Hawkeye.
Well, today after a couple of hours on the field, I swapped to using the 250. I was very impressed, I was getting some good signals in difficult dry conditions. One thing I really like, is that when you get a big piece of deep iron, which even the better machines flag up as a good signal. When you put the 250 in pinpoint mode, the signal disappears, saving a lot of digging.

I to have the Ace 250 and have enjoyed my hunting, its basic and easy to use and after spending some time with it, it works out well. Joe

Back
Top Bottom