• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Indulge me with a HEAD AND SEATED SPINNING STORY about a Seated and Farthing! Video and Pic HEAVY. BUCKET LISTER

Buellride

Forum Supporter
I have to say that I only went out today because the snow and sleet that was forecasted never came. I had a Seattle hunt planned for today but I chickened out because of the time and miles between me and the other forum member:laughing:. Sorry Gale!

That said, after the day progressed (and I actually got some real work done), I decided to scout out an area that Cruiserkev and I are planning on hunting this weekend.

Upon getting there I realized I had hunted a portion of the street block before, several times. But instead of turning back I took out my gear and decided to rehunt a few of the curbstrips that I had already hunted in the past.

About 15 minutes into the hunt and maybe 1 Wheatie to show for it I got a SUPER weird number on my CTX but the tone was very nice. I had a 14-45 but it kept jumping back and forth from a 12-45 (quarter) and this 14-45. I decided to dig it. I realize now why I had never dug this number before, it was too strange....glad I did.:wow::wow::wow:

5" inches down a copper disc popped out (thought nickel but the numbers weren't right) but then saw the grey crescent shape around the copper disc. Silver I thought and it looked about the size of a quarter.

Turned it over and saw the "early" eagle....Holy Cr@p I just found my first seated. Mind you I wasn't shaking or trembling, just happy that I finally pulled a SEATED!!!!:clapping::excited:

I thought about just putting in my pouch (sorry I don't do the Altoids can with cotton) but thought better of it and walked back to my truck. Thus my first video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tK1dKbbpFjQ

Sorry for the language at the start, but I kept looking at the reverse of the coin trying to see where the "FIVE" of "TWENTY FIVE" cents was but it was nowhere to be seen...I have never heard of a 20 Cent Seated Coin????:shrug:

I couldn't make anything out on the copper disc, thought it was an old Shield or V nickel.

When back to see if I could pull another silver but only got some clad and a few Wheaties.

I never rubbed or tried to clean anything off the coin until I got home and filmed the "reveal" of the 1875S Seated 20 Cents and 1866 Farthing.

I NEVER thought I would be lucky enough to find a SEATED ANYTHING, and here I find a Seated 20 Cents coin??!!! :shock::shock::wow::wow: She is worn but she is ALL MINE :D A lifetime find for me!!!

The video is below. And before you tell me, Yeah I know it is long and badly done....but I am NOT a YouTuber, but thought I would do this video more for me than anything else!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghgAzokakVA&t=65s

Oh, found $.95 cents total, 2 Wheaties a 1956S and 1957S. This brings me to 30 silver coins since the start of my hunting year.

Thank you for reading and watching!!!
Happy Hunting and Good Luck EVERYONE!!! WAHOOOOO!!!!

Attachments

• 2_20 Seated Back FRONT RAW.jpg
    2_20 Seated Back FRONT RAW.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 751
  • 2_20 Seated Back RAW.jpg
    2_20 Seated Back RAW.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 665
  • 2_20 Seated Front Post Soak.jpg
    2_20 Seated Front Post Soak.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 675
  • 2_20 Seated Back Post Soak.jpg
    2_20 Seated Back Post Soak.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 663
  • 2_20 Farthing 1866.jpg
    2_20 Farthing 1866.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 687
  • 2_20 Best Front.jpg
    2_20 Best Front.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 680
  • 2_20 Best Back.jpg
    2_20 Best Back.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 656
Umm this is a joke right? Did Tom in CA put you up to this? :laughing: that will most likely go down as the rarest coin you may ever dig, PHENOMINAL FIND!!!

Umm this is a joke right? Did Tom in CA put you up to this? :laughing: that will most likely go down as the rarest coin you may ever dig, PHENOMINAL FIND!!!

I promise Tom didn't put me up to this :D... I am still stunned. TY Cellar

Ooof da! You are one lucky bleepity blank! :laughing:

Thank you Sir. Who woulda thunk it.... Never and I mean NEVER did I ever think i would dig something like this.... Heck I didn't even know they existed. :laughing:

Holy Moly!!
I do not remember the last time I saw a Twenty-Cent Piece on here:shock:
Congratulations on a once-in-a-lifetime find!

Huge congrats ! :holycow:
Like many other "bucket list coins" one hopes to find.
An odd coin like that, a "20center" !!
Only made for 3 years, 1875-1878
What other odd duck bucket lister coin will one find :?:
Perhaps a TRADE DOLLAR...:iwish:
I hope to find a Silver dollar, or a seated quarter,
or a trime, or a 2 cent, or a large cent,.................
( Are the detecting Gods reading this :roll: )

Holy Moly!!
I do not remember the last time I saw a Twenty-Cent Piece on here:shock:
Congratulations on a once-in-a-lifetime find!

Thank you, still can't believe it.... Has been a fantastic year so far

Huge congrats ! :holycow:
Like many other "bucket list coins" one hopes to find.
An odd coin like that, a "20center" !!
Only made for 3 years, 1875-1878
What other odd duck bucket lister coin will one find :?:
Perhaps a TRADE DOLLAR...:iwish:
I hope to find a Silver dollar, or a seated quarter,
or a trime, or a 2 cent, or a large cent,.................
( Are the detecting Gods reading this :roll: )

Thank you you will find all that and more!

Congrats on a very rare find! It is akin to finding a Flying Eagle cent, only made three years and scarce as hens teeth.

Great find! Wasn't there a twenty cent piece posted on here just a few days ago?
edit: yes, there was.
http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=270056

Holy Moly, and his was a CC to boot! That is fantastic. Thanks for finding that Doug!

Congrats on a very rare find! It is akin to finding a Flying Eagle cent, only made three years and scarce as hens teeth.

Thanks for the reminder, I need to check my hens for their teeth. :laughing:

Just goes to show that you just never know what you may find. Congratulations!

TY

Congrats !!!!

I guess there is hope for the West Coast after all !

I would think so....In the past 18+ months I have dug more 1800s era coins in Washington than I ever did in 12 months in Carlisle, PA. Granted I didn't hit hunting grounds nearly as much back in PA as I do in WA, but I think there is A LOT of hope for the PNW! :yes:

Congrats on a find of a lifetime! :woot: I have always liked odd denomination coins, 2 cent, 3 cent, 20 cents, etc. :yes:

Now onto a Trime or something else unique....Actually what I really want to pull is a Standing Liberty....not sure how that has eluded me for so long....

Super sweet 20 center!!!

TY

That's a wholly !!!! congratulations kind of coin!

I know because three weeks ago I dug one too!

https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=270056

I had never even heard of anyone digging a 20 cent piece, now two in three weeks, that's kinda crazy. I had the same reaction as you, thought it was a Seated Quarter until I got home. This coin is so rare it wasn't even on my bucket list.

SS, I saw that coin you dug, but you got a CC!!!:shock:

I didn't recognize your find until another forum member pointed it out. I am with you on the bucket list thing...wasn't on it because I didn't know they existed. A 20 cent'er and a seated at the same time!! Congrats on yours!! This is my first and only seated anything so I really got lucky. Thank you.

That’s amazing! You’ll forever cherish that find. I still remember my excitement digging my seated love token.

Nox 600
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring and 1876 love token

Back
Top Bottom