Deus WS4 module refurb.

CarlSmithJr

Side by side pic of a scratched up module I refurbished recently.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 239
Damp sanding and buffing. Holding it vertical to keep any moisture away from the control button area. An even better finish can be done using a low rpm mechanical buffing item, but you risk burning the plastic if not careful. Doing it by hand takes longer and more work, but without the risks and the finish, aside from very faint swirl marks, are way better than what you started with.

Damp sanding and buffing. Holding it vertical to keep any moisture away from the control button area. An even better finish can be done using a low rpm mechanical buffing item, but you risk burning the plastic if not careful. Doing it by hand takes longer and more work, but without the risks and the finish, aside from very faint swirl marks, are way better than what you started with.

well done!!! :D

Thanks. It's 4 years old and was used a lot. I grabbed this recently knowing I could make it look a lot better. The rest of the unit came with new hardware and extra muffs. I rarely wear phones anyway unless noise requires it. I live in the sticks with bears and coyotes and you don't hinder hearing what is around you lol

Last edited:
Lovely work! I've tried to do something like this, but I just don't have the skill or patience. Nice!

Back
Top Bottom