• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Coinstar Machines

TonyinCT

Elite Member
OK here's a tip for finding silver coins.
We all know that wehn you bring coins to turn in at the Coinstar Machines they have to be relatively clean for the machine to process them. Well guess what ? They also need to be CLAD or pennies for the machine to count them. Any and all SILVER coind will be rejected by the machine.
Here's the rub........ most people DO NOT look in the slot to see if any coins were rejected. Just check the return slot and you may find a Silver Surprise.
8)

I refuse to pay a 15% comission to Coinstar. I bought my own machine for $50, that counts and rolls automatically. I've used it for years without a problem.

Wow, Tony, thanks! Next time I head to the supermarket, guess where I'm going to make a quick stop!!
Bob

WThesing said:
I refuse to pay a 15% comission to Coinstar. I bought my own machine for $50, that counts and rolls automatically. I've used it for years without a problem.

Where & what kind of machine did you get? Got a pic? Thanks H.H.:-)

I bought the machine at "Staples" about 4 years ago. It uses the preformed rolls and holds two rolls for each coin type. It has an LCD counter, and is battery operated. The counter can be inaccurate at times, but the rolls only hold the exact amount, so that is where I get my totals.
I will try to get a pic soon, but this weekend may be tough.

Oh man like bearbqd said, I wonder how many times I have just walked pass the coin master at the store. NOT ANY MORE! :lol:

I use a manual coin sorter I bought at office depot(the canadian version of staples) for 15 bucks. It did the job and allowed me to spot old coins in my jar.

Coin Counting

Never heard of a Coin Master. Maybe in Illinois they do not exist? Anyway, I hope the automatic coin counters in the banks do not reject the silver coins. But then again, I would not want to count the silver coins on the same standard as a silver plated coin. Does anyone know where one would turn in their silver coins for its REAL value? 8)

Fyi its not a "Coin Master" (thats a Whites detector trade mark). Its called coinstar.

TonyinCT said:
COOL ! Anyone else find anything ?
Decided to have a looksie in a coinstar machine while grocery shopping last night :yes:

Attachments

• 45_liberty.jpg
    45_liberty.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 5,140
Just an update - ever since my first "lookisie" into the coin slot and finding the merc, nothing really since then, but then again I've only been by a machine perhaps 6 or 7 times since. A 2003? canadian penny and a 1964 cent, that's about it.

Back
Top Bottom