Question about frequency

John 71

On a safari or a etrac they have 28 frequency. If you make a pattern the part you cut out those frequently do they stop working? How does that work?

On a safari or a etrac they have 28 frequency. If you make a pattern the part you cut out those frequently do they stop working? How does that work?

??? I dont really understand your question.

But lets start with a correction. Minelab FBS does NOT use 28 frequencies. ITs been shown repeatedly that they use 2 frequencies and everything else are natural harmonics off those frequencies with logarithmic drops in power the farther they get from the transmitted frequency.

No changes you make will significantly alter the frequencies used. Those are set. The only changes to them comes from the noise cancel channel selection which shifts the frequencies a tiny bit up or down but nothing major.

Last, if you block out (discriminate) certain ares of the display, it makes no change to power, frequency, or anything else. The detector brain simply looks at the target return FECO and if its allowed, makes the assigned noise, if its disallowed it block the noise.

Thanks that helps. When I said 28 frequency that is what is advertised. Didn't now it was 2 ?

Like Jason said. What counts is not how many frequencies are transmitted, but how many of them are actually analyzed by the metal detector's receiver section.

I did an experiment using Minelab Equinox and Etrac.

I could set Nox to many freqs and Channel offset to those selected freqs, and really cause lots of HEAVY interference with etrac’s audio.

This was with the detectors being approx 4.5-5’ apart.

Based on what I witnessed there is more going on with Etrac besides 2 freqs.

Back
Top Bottom