NOX BUG Bit ME !!

bubbaron

Forum Supporter
Hello to all,
I guess I got bitten by the Equinox bug. I just ordered a NOX 600. I don't hunt sand or water so I felt the 600 would be good fit for my dirt digging type off hunting. I should have the machine in about two - three weeks as I am first on the list and 4 are on the way in less than 2 weeks. It will be interesting to go over some of the sites I have already pounded to see the results. I will have to learn the machine as I am certain it's much different than my AT Pro.
Wish me luck and I will leave you all know how I like my new toy.
Good luck to all.
Bubbaron ATPro AT Pro Carrot Pin Pointer, Garret 6 " x 8 " Coil

I made the same decision, when i started looking for a new machine i almost went with an AT Pro... but after seeing sooooooo much discussion on the NOX i went with a 600. Cant wait for snow to melt to use it! good luck with yours!

Nox Bug

Hi,
I have an AT Pro and it performs very well. I'm 74 years old and at this stage of my life there is no reason I can't have what I want within reason. I worked hard all my life and my wife has no objection to my hobby and I have none towards hers. We both enjoy what we do so be it. I don't spend much on foolishness so I bought myself a Nox toy.
Bubbaron

I'm new to the hobby and did a lot of research before buying my first metal detector. I was totally leaning towards the AT Pro or the AT Max until I found out about the Equinox. I know the AT Pro or Max are fine machines, but the Equinox seems to bring things to a whole new level. I ended up settling on the Nox 600 too... even though I wanted the 800. But since I don't go gold nugget hunting, the 600 will do just fine for me... especially since it's my first detector and also saves me $250! I got lucky and found one at a local shop and can't wait to get out with it and learn how to use it.

Best of luck with your new toy and have fun!

Nox Bug Gets Around !!

Hello,
Wow !! That darn equinox bug is biting a lot of people. I see one person was lucky and found a 600 in a local shop. I just missed by one day of doing the same. I now have to wait for about 2 weeks but I am first on the list.
I have no idea if it'll be better than my AT Pro but I will certainly find out shortly. I still have some frozen ground problems so that'll make the wait easier. I may try tomorrow a site I tried Monday. Maybe the ground is thawed enough to dig plugs now ?? I wish everyone good luck with the new toys.
Bubbaron AT Pro, AT Pro Carrot Pin Pointer Garrett 6X8 Coil

image.jpg
You will be happy with 600 loving it this is first hunt out with it,
and slammed a well hunted area .
and second time I did it again great machine silver both times
My 800 arrived today and will be hunting with it also but do not feel under gunned with 600 great machine for what you are doing

If you are doing mainly open field or (even better) junky open areas, the 600 is great! I bet you will like it. My only problem with it is working under power lines - it gets REAL chattery and I couldn't seem to figure out how to fix that. I did not try going to a single frequency rather than multi, but maybe that was the key. Give it a try on what you would consider a 'trashy' site - I think you will be impressed!

Chattery Detector

Hi,
I had a similar problem with my AT Pro being chatty in a certain area due to large underground electrical conduits at a big sports stadium. I knew the area I wanted to hunt was full of coins but the noise on my machine was very bad. I tried switching frequency but really not much help. I next turned the sensitivity down till the chattering stopped. Bingo, now I was able to find a lot of clads in that area. I am sure I lost some depth but most of the coins were not all that deep. I guess I have some learning to do when I get the Nox
600. I would say try both of these ideas ?? It worked for me with my AT Pro. I guess the moral of this story is getting to know our machines well and using them.
Bubbaron AT Pro, AT Pro Carrot Pin Pointer, 6x9 Garrett Coil, 600 Nox Soon

Hi,
I have an AT Pro and it performs very well. I'm 74 years old and at this stage of my life there is no reason I can't have what I want within reason. I worked hard all my life and my wife has no objection to my hobby and I have none towards hers. We both enjoy what we do so be it. I don't spend much on foolishness so I bought myself a Nox toy.
Bubbaron

That's what I'm talking about.

Back
Top Bottom