Coin Collectors: If you had $50...

A decent Morgan Dollar or

A very nice 2-cent copper or

A cheap bust large cent or

A decent semi-key wheat cent!

There's a TON of coins you can get!

I'd buy a few mid grade Walker 1/2's, sock 1 or 2 away, carve whats left into collectable art, turn the original 50 into 150, get 5 or 6 mid grade morgans or peace dollars, sock a few away, lather rinse repeat

I was watching a small coin collection on Craigslist for a week.
Listed were 3 peace dollars, 3 Morgan dollars, 15 buffalo nickels, 6 V nickels, 10 pre '64 jeffersons'. 15 indian heads, 10 pre '64 roosies, 50 Wheaties, mainly from the '40's, a 1928 federal reserve $20 note,
The price for the total collection was first listed at 400 bucks, But also had the coins priced indivually, a few days later it had dropped to 300.
I saw it listed again on the 26th now it was at 250 dollars for the whole collection. I made contact with the seller.... collection was sold,
but he still had one Morgan dollar left, for $70,
I told him, " I'll be right right over."
Why that one didn't get sold, I don't know? I think it's in very good shape!
It's a 1878 CC maybe in vf -- extra fine condition it has a light mark on the eagle side & a few small pits on her face, I think it was a pretty good score. :yes:
SANY0190.jpg

SANY0189.jpg

Ok, so obviously I worded the question wrong lol :-) Nice answers on the gold :-) How about a coin valued relatively close to $50 which you think might escalate in value in the coming years? I like the idea of the silver bar and the mid grade Walkers!

Ok, so obviously I worded the question wrong lol :-) Nice answers on the gold :-) How about a coin valued relatively close to $50 which you think might escalate in value in the coming years? I like the idea of the silver bar and the mid grade Walkers!

I'm sorry , I must apologize to you for not giving a realistic answer to your question . As I am not a coin collector , experienced one anyway . I don't really have any legitimate advice for you on this . But I can guarantee you, if you get a 1922 gold coin for 50 bucks , you may as well consider yourself as lucky as winning the lottery .:D

Back
Top Bottom