Ground balance numbers

SoOregonMd

Elite Member
Excuse my Ignorance I can only go from my personal experience..

In my area my auto ground balance number is always around 64

as far as GB goes are higher numbers mean more mineralization or is it the opposite and lower numbers mean more mineralization?

that being said.. does around 64 seem mild?

Excuse my Ignorance I can only go from my personal experience..

In my area my auto ground balance number is always around 64

as far as GB goes are higher numbers mean more mineralization or is it the opposite and lower numbers mean more mineralization?

that being said.. does around 64 seem mild?

Different machines can give different ground phase over the same ground when compared.
So there is no universal ground phase to speak of.
Ground phase doesn't show actual mineralizations as far as how much and how it will affect your detector. Ground phase reflects type of mineralization not qty.

Now there can be some correlation to ground phase and actual mineral levels, but a person can never be certain.

One way to may judge your soil, is see how your detector detects air test eistance wise then compare on buried depth targets. Might give you a idea. But even doing this hard to judge mineral levels. Some detectors airtest for long distances, but in the ground they lose like 50% of this airtest distance. And the soil doesn't have to be overly mineralized either.

There are mineral strength meters on some detectors.
Like Fisher F5, Fisher Fisher F75, Xp Deus, Nokta Impact, Makro Racer just to name a few.

So bottom line anyone's reference to ground phase and trying to connect to actual mineralization doesn't give worthy data for another to use and apply in their area's soil.

I have an ATpro, and my area usually balances about 80. A couple times when I have had a deep, weak signal, I changed the balance to 70, and then to 90. It never made any difference in the signal.

Back
Top Bottom