FBI digging up lost Civil War gold

Birddog1911

Parada said Abraham Lincoln ordered a gold shipment to help pay union soldiers. He said the wagon left West Virginia with 50 pounds of gold, and came right through Elk County.

In 2012, Finders Keepers claimed they found the gold, but federal law prevented them from digging it up.

The FBI did not allow Finders Keepers to speak with 6 News Tuesday, but residents who live in the area said they believe officials are searching for the lost gold

http://cbsaustin.com/news/offbeat/fbi-treasure-hunters-digging-in-elk-county

Team: Hey guys, we've got this amazing find, we should tell the Govt.!

Me: Well, boys, it's been real...

Inserts magazine, pulls slide...

Just kidding!

How do they even know it's there if it hasn't been recovered?

I guess this is why the FBI can't follow up on people like that kid that did the school shooting a month ago, they're busy treasure hunting :roll:

How do they even know it's there if it hasn't been recovered? ....

Well gee, didn't you read birddog1911's title for the post ? The FBI is digging up lost civil war gold. "Digging" is present tense verb. Right ? Hence this must be past tense "found" right ?

Such is the psychology of TH'rs: They chase a camp-fire ghost story legend. They think they've narrowed it down to a certain canyon, or lake bottom, or grave of a fallen CW soldier, etc.... Now it's simply a matter of : Pinpointing the exact spot, getting government clearances, and getting a detector that goes 6 meters deep. Right ? But rest assured, they've "found" (past tense) it. :roll:

Gentlemen: Read again : NOTHING'S BEEN FOUND ! And as for any government persons present: These guys have been making a media stink for years. I do not construe that, or any supposed 'government silence' to mean "certain treasure". No more so than I construe "govt. silence/secrecy" at Area 51 to mean "certain UFO aliens lurk".

Gentlemen: Read again : NOTHING'S BEEN FOUND ! And as for any government persons present: These guys have been making a media stink for years. I do not construe that, or any supposed 'government silence' to mean "certain treasure". No more so than I construe "govt. silence/secrecy" at Area 51 to mean "certain UFO aliens lurk".

What you trying to say, no Aliens. Come on I seen it on TV where you been.:laughing:

Ray

I question this just on common sense: If Lincoln was sending gold to pay the troops at Gettysburg, would he do it in the form of GOLD BARS? Or was he sending it to the nearest mint with a sticky note saying 'turn this into coins ASAP to pay the troops'? And he'd send it through Gettysburg to get it there? I'm not saying there isn't gold somewhere, but the story of how it got there doesn't add up to me.

Back
Top Bottom