New Minelab Equinox

I counted a total of 16 protective screen thingys supplied with my detector plus a little cleaning cloth. Not all protectors in English, but once a person gets accustom to Equinox you can cut the foreign language off of them and still use.

Gary Drayton’s posts are always questionable. His pictures are always obviously staged with jewelry borrowed from a jewelry store or pawn shop.

A couple of decent bits of info though.

Never trust a Minelab employee, which he is. I remember when he was a member here, someone asked him to post his trash he dug with the CTX. He posted the trash he dug with his Infinium. His CTX dug none. Watch The curse of Oak Island and he is a guesser on objects under the ground like the rest of us. He digs a lot of junk:lol: "Its a goad coeen!" "Oh wait its a buuon!":laughing:

Never trust a Minelab employee, which he is. I remember when he was a member here, someone asked him to post his trash he dug with the CTX. He posted the trash he dug with his Infinium. His CTX dug none. Watch The curse of Oak Island and he is a guesser on objects under the ground like the rest of us. He digs a lot of junk:lol: "Its a goad coeen!" "Oh wait its a buuon!":laughing:

Well, what about the video posted here earlier with the gold chain in salt water.
How did you like that one?

Oh, notice how all the testers of Equinox have gone quiet.
Wonder why?
Is it because Nox is a dud or something else?

Well, what about the video posted here earlier with the gold chain in salt water.
How did you like that one?

Oh, notice how all the testers of Equinox have gone quiet.
Wonder why?
Is it because Nox is a dud or something else?

I liked that vid. I actually know a couple of the testers and was getting some info. That's why im buying one. Just not the first batches they are pumping out too fast. That's how you get the lemons. Original Excalibur twos supposedly 3 out of 10 were duds. And you saw what happened with the MX5:shock:

I liked that vid. I actually know a couple of the testers and was getting some info. That's why im buying one. Just not the first batches they are pumping out too fast. That's how you get the lemons. Original Excalibur twos supposedly 3 out of 10 were duds. And you saw what happened with the MX5:shock:

The demand for Equinox may only go higher.
Imo my unit probably "slower" made than some other unitw being made.

My unit may have been way back in Oct for all I know.

So far no problems notice by users that I'm aware of. If I see someone with a problem, I'll post/link right here. Even my own unit.

The demand for Equinox may only go higher.
Imo my unit probably "slower" made than some other unitw being made.

My unit may have been way back in Oct for all I know.

So far no problems notice by users that I'm aware of. If I see someone with a problem, I'll post/link right here. Even my own unit.

Yeah it will be a long time before I can test one on the micro gold chains I have. You only find those due to a pendant. And the CTX fades after you submerge it in saltwater as I posted several times few listen to. Hopefully it has blue Excalibur depth in the saltwater or better and picks up micro gold. The dry sand hunters are going to have a good time here. Mostly micro chains on the beaches that were never found. May be buckets full in some guys/gals beach haunts?:shock:

I saw a comment somewhere yesterday, talking about aftermarket waterproof headphones for Nox. Wish I knew where I read.
Just heads up, they may be coming.

I saw a comment somewhere yesterday, talking about aftermarket waterproof headphones for Nox. Wish I knew where I read.
Just heads up, they may be coming.

Once we can see the plug they aren't that hard to make if we can find the plug. Likely gonna be detectorpro. All I need is to find a plug. Different than the CTX.

For gee whiz here for folks.
I paired and used my wireless headphones last nite.

This morning, turned on headphones, turned on detector, headphones ready to go, audio coming out of headphones, Equinox was sweep ready.

User of Equinox, one thing I notice, now my eyes not the best, do wear glasses.
The line under speed setting, you go advanced setting here, the line can be a little hard to see maybe. It is on the far right at the bottom. Probably harder for a right hander to see vs left hander. You get the detector when holding too far out in front of you, viewing angle for line can be difficult.

Detector from a noise standpoint, performance wise well above average, quiet running bugger.

Coil cable connection to control box, easy. Key way in top position.
Also, when Nox was first shown, some folks were concerned it seems with how the cable came out the back, like it looked too frail. I have looked at this area. I have no concerns with this area. A big nut holds everything here. Seems like a sturdy setup. Naturally more time in the field, water, woods would tells us more.

Wireless headphones fit me well, very comfortable. My head is small. Headphones not near as tight as Vance Deus compatible headphones.

Washers used with coil installation, oblong vs the usual round shape. So washers are fixed in place by recess in lower rod.

Last edited:
I counted a total of 16 protective screen thingys supplied with my detector plus a little cleaning cloth. Not all protectors in English, but once a person gets accustom to Equinox you can cut the foreign language off of them and still use.

You did get a English one though right?

Attachments

• protect small.jpg
    protect small.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 313
Back
Top Bottom