anyone use relic mode on Etrac for coins?

woodbutcher

Forum Supporter
I'm new to this machine,I've only used it 2 times but these yards must be iron city,so I put it in 4 tones relic and I managed a few wheat pennies, 4 inches.it seems like a mostly open screen in relic mode,just wondering if anyone uses it for coins?I was running auto plus 3

Gotcha, thanks.I'm just trying to figure this thing out.I had a explorer se so it helps a little,but there's way more settings here.anybody have a setup I could use for deep,fast,variables?I'm hunting coins and I'll use ttf in relic,manual sens,but the rest I'm not sure on.any help is appreciated

Gotcha, thanks.I'm just trying to figure this thing out.I had a explorer se so it helps a little,but there's way more settings here.anybody have a setup I could use for deep,fast,variables?I'm hunting coins and I'll use ttf in relic,manual sens,but the rest I'm not sure on.any help is appreciated

I downloaded a relic disc pattern, it's posted on another forum so i can't post here, but if you want it, I'll message it over. I set the sens as high as possible, and turn off "fast", and on "deep". It does well. The E-trac is pretty simple when it comes to settings, other then the disc patterns, everything else is just personal preference. The depth is very good. I'm new to the E-trac as well but have owned 2 Explorers in the past.

If you check out my site in my signature, I explain TTF in pretty good detail, pm me if you have any questions

I'm fairly new to the e-trac as well. I bought mine used and I got some great advice from the dealer as well as the previous owner. I run my screen wide open. I don't even want the minimal discrimination offered by the relic mode. Here's why. If you get a good target that's near a trash target (could be iron or any other trash) then you will not be able to cleanly hear that good target if the other target is discriminated out. The processor is busy processing the discrimination of the trash target so the good target gets masked. However, if you run a wide open screen then the processor works much more quickly and you can "separate" the targets more easily and the detector will sound on BOTH targets. You may have to change angles to get the best separation on the good target but it can be isolated from the trash. If you're running a discrimination pattern then it is much more difficult if not impossible to isolate the good target. I also run the machine the TTF (Two Tone Ferrous) setting. And I use the Fe-Co reading, signal repeatability, depth indicator to determine if I want to dig a target. Basically, I want to hear every good signal (above iron) and decide for myself if it's a diggable signal. I don't want the machine suppressing signals. And I don't want discriminated iron signals to mask good targets. Using this method I've pulled coins out of areas where I get 8-10 trash signals with every sweep of the coil. Around here in the parks where I often hunt the trash targets are more pull tabs and foil than iron. If I were to discriminate those out then I'd likely miss a lot of coins and jewelery. I recently dug a silver dime that was surrounded by so much trash that I could only produce the good signal from one direction and couldn't pinpoint it at all. I used the "minelab wiggle" to pinpoint and dug the dime right at the tip of my coil at about 7".

Back
Top Bottom