New to MD

GSPpurist

I recently got a Garrett 250 to help locate a Westone Game Ear electronics and was unsuccessful after 4 hours of searching. The landowner told me that there was an old road that used to head to Atlanta back in the 1800s. On his property were the reminants of an old Stagecoach Bldg and Corn Mill. I then headed over to an old stagecoach site. Only visible part was the rocks of the cornerstones and chimney. Only had 20 minutes before I had to be back home with my daughter. First 3 hits were old hand crafted nails, iron straps and bowl remnants. The last two are the below pic.

Silver tarnish remover, toothbrush and elbow grease yielded these. The item on the left is malleable gold colored all through, and considerably soft. You can see my knife nick marks. The right sided item is a 1.5 inch solid copper escutchion. Just ordered a gold testing kit with scale. Hopefully I just paid for the metal detector and missing Game ear electronics. Trying my best to head out for more exploration.

Attachments

• IMG_0086.jpg
    IMG_0086.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 76
Brass,door knob part?
you need to be careful of using chemicals or cleaners when it comes to the goodies, such as coins. look at the thread here on cleaning your finds

First off WELCOME to the forum. Good to have you here. I agree about being careful on cleaning your finds. You may take something of great value, and turn it into junk.

Thanks for the advice. It was indiscernable prior to cleaning. Even so after cleaning there was no descript area except for the ball shaped end. Severely pitted also. Several magnets to include a rare earth magnet did not react. Will bring to a jeweler to see if he can tell.

Back
Top Bottom