My first Chauffeurs license

Cherry Picker

Forum Supporter
After 30+ years of detecting it gets harder and harder to find a first, but the maiden voyage with my E-Trac did it. This is the first chauffeurs license for me so I was very happy. I wanted to go to our city park but it was full of people setting up for Dodge City Days activities so I went to Central school that has been hammered very hard as well. It was roughly 7" and I almost gave up because I had never found anything that deep here. I had decided I wouldn't dig any deeper and when I reached my hand in to the bottom of the hole to remove the last bit of soil I felt it stuck in the bottom of the hole. It says it expires July 1 1941

Can these license owners be looked up by the number?

729license.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats on a first for you. My daughter found one buried under a tree in our backyard about 8 years ago. She won't let me have in. : ( Maybe now you'll believe your machine when it tells you to dig. Good Luck on future hunts. : )

Good deal. Seems to be in nice shape. As far as the number, your going to have to contact the town, perhaps they have records.

how Kool

I have a dog license and a swim suit yearly pass/tag (1964). I now have a goal to get a chauffers license. Very Nice.

D - Great find for you. These things are so much more interesting than the same old coins. In my 30 yrs detecting I have only dug one also, from here in Az. steve in so az

Back
Top Bottom