Another New Nox User

RF1

Well, I held off as long as I could, but finally broke down last week and bought a Nox 800. Big thanks to Bart at Big Boys Hobbies for the professional service, again.

Took it out for the first time and hit a colonial site that I thought I wore out with my AT Pro. Ran the Nox mostly in Park 1, did the noise cancel, ground balance and took off. Took about an hour to learn the tones a bit, then started finding stuff. Ended up with five tombac buttons, musket balls, thimble and some other do dads.

Initial impression: I was impressed. Thought for sure I had cleaned the site out with ATP, but the Nox found new stuff. I was digging deeper stuff, some surprisingly deep. The thimble came from a spot were I had kicked the duff layer away and skipped with the ATP thinking it was a nail. Gave a decent signal on the Nox. The musket balls and some miscellaneous lead was deep and in an area I had written off with the ATP.

Did not have an interference with my cell phone. Had to turn sensitivity down to the 15-18 range in the nail bed to help stop falsing on the nails. Could crank it up to 20-22 outside of the nail bed. This was in typical red clay, mineralized soil of central NC. Can't wait to put more hours on it and really learn it!

Well, I held off as long as I could, but finally broke down last week and bought a Nox 800. Big thanks to Bart at Big Boys Hobbies for the professional service, again.

Took it out for the first time and hit a colonial site that I thought I wore out with my AT Pro. Ran the Nox mostly in Park 1, did the noise cancel, ground balance and took off. Took about an hour to learn the tones a bit, then started finding stuff. Ended up with five tombac buttons, musket balls, thimble and some other do dads.

Initial impression: I was impressed. Thought for sure I had cleaned the site out with ATP, but the Nox found new stuff. I was digging deeper stuff, some surprisingly deep. The thimble came from a spot were I had kicked the duff layer away and skipped with the ATP thinking it was a nail. Gave a decent signal on the Nox. The musket balls and some miscellaneous lead was deep and in an area I had written off with the ATP.

Did not have an interference with my cell phone. Had to turn sensitivity down to the 15-18 range in the nail bed to help stop falsing on the nails. Could crank it up to 20-22 outside of the nail bed. This was in typical red clay, mineralized soil of central NC. Can't wait to put more hours on it and really learn it!

Congrats on your purchase.
Wanna see some potential of your new detector as far as its capability depth wise vs your ATP.
Compare both over both a nickel and gold ring buried deeper.
Eye opening!!!
And note besides how deep the Nox strikes but how deep it IDs ring correctly.

Your are going to have a blast.

I am thoroughly impressed with the Nox. It runs more silent than the AT Pro and even if you leave the iron on in all metal the tones don't blow out the ears. The pin point is much better than the AT Pro.

Thanks. I've watched some of your videos on the Nox - very helpful.

Congrats on your purchase.
Wanna see some potential of your new detector as far as its capability depth wise vs your ATP.
Compare both over both a nickel and gold ring buried deeper.
Eye opening!!!
And note besides how deep the Nox strikes but how deep it IDs ring correctly.

Your are going to have a blast.

I agree. The iron, at least in Park 1, sounded nice. Easy on the ears. I was also surprised that in general it was a quiet machine. Only made noise if I ran too much sensitivity.
I am thoroughly impressed with the Nox. It runs more silent than the AT Pro and even if you leave the iron on in all metal the tones don't blow out the ears. The pin point is much better than the AT Pro.

I am impressed with your quick transition from the ATPRO to the Nox. Mine was considerably longer. Actually much, much, much longer.

Back
Top Bottom