Scratched another off the bucket list

longbow62

Forum Supporter
I had a weird day detecting. Lots of older places with lots of potential, but I only came up with one keeper. The site the keeper came from was a big two story house supposedly built in the late 1920's. It had lots of potential but it turned out to have a lot of fill dirt on the yard. Plus it was a very nice yard. I could hardly get a signal and moved to the west side of the yard and starting swinging under a very old oak tree. Swung all the way around close to the trunk and got nothing.

I then got out about three foot from the base and bam a solid quarter signal on the Nox 33-34. I circled it and it was still solid. The meter read 4 shovels. I started digging thinking silver for sure. I hit roots right off the bat and not wanting to dig a giant hole I kept it not very big. I got down about 4 inches and with the root and small hole got careless. I dug a couple inches deeper and hit it as I uncovered my first Barber quarter. My first Barber anything, and first 1800's coin for 2019. Another one literally scratched off the bucket list. A 1895 S in pretty good shape except for my scratch I am sick about. This coin seemed to be in very good shape for a late 1920's house.

Attachments

• BarberQ1.jpg
    BarberQ1.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 686
  • BarberQ2.jpg
    BarberQ2.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 665
A really fantastic semi-key barb-q! On a side note, that S mintmark looks funny to me, I thought the mintmarks on the barber quarters was right above the space between the R in Quarter and the D in Dollar. Your seems to be watyyy over in right field for some reason? Maybe it was common for that year and mint? Interesting, but what a great coin, congrats!

Congrats on your first Barber and a great save on the silver. I scratched my first Barber quarter, it was so shallow I was careless. Scratch that one off. HH Mark

Terrific find! That’s in good shape for a barber anything, most barbers are heavily worn.

Absolutely stunning! The scratch adds character lol

Nox 600
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring and 1876 love token

Thanks all, finds like this keep you motivated. It had been since around the first week of January since I had found a silver anything.

Back
Top Bottom