my new Magnet Fishing rigs....time to find a cannon!

351maverick

Elite Member
picked up 600 feet of 900# poly line & 3 magnets today

I welded the eyes closed - one is a 150# and the other two 100# - and WOW these are strong for being how inexpensive they were

I'm just about iced in at all the docks here, and it's 16 degrees outside, so I'll have to wait a few days to use these - I have 60 feet of line on each which might be a bit much, but we'll see!

DSC02448_zps8eba52c4.jpg

DSC02449_zps013570f3.jpg

DSC02450_zps5cdf7217.jpg

I put together a set-up with a 250lb magnet last year and never got to test it out. Post your finds & I'll give it a shot, too, when I get my boat in the water!

Just a little tip. The 100lb magnet wont do very much for you, when they find something of decent size or weight they slip right off. The 250lb magnet is your best bet. You will still find little stuff but the bigger the better.

The line that you bought is really lightwieght and with the smaller magnets you can toss them a good 100 feet very easily. The 250lb is very heavy so it goes about 35 feet. Also that line is pretty water resistant so you will be getting tons of splash off the line all over you, so wear something you dont mind getting dirty.

Always be cautious of hooks and even fish bones getting stuck in the line, they can tear you up.

The best method I have so far is pull it in at a decent speed because you will get caught on the reeds and lose what you have. If you nab something really big thats when you go slow to wiggle it out of the mud.

I refer you to my experience so far.

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=141578

I wish you luck sir

Ever find anything? Hooks, leaders, lure's, pliers, knives and rust chips is mainly what I have found. It's been years but I was just thinking about it the other day...

Back
Top Bottom