Finally! American Digger TV Is Getting Sued By American Digger Magazine

This lawsuit isn't going anywhere, as the Magazine was in bed with the show and gave them permission to use the name. It was not until we all went ballistic when the stupid television show aired that the magazine decided they messed up - Kinda like Garrett, and by then it was too late.

The magazine owners are dioing the only thing they can do - tell us that they were lied to by the show's producers, and that they "didn't know," the show's premise. I would not be surprised at all to see a counter suit.

The magazine should have realized from the very beginning that they were going to get screwed over. Could they not put 2 and 2 together?: Ex-wrestler and a show about treasure. Hmmmm... I wonder how these 2 topics could possibly be combined???

Yeah,they got caught sleeping with the enemy.Now to distance themselves,they got to play dumb.Sad thing is you can sue anybody for anything these days.Even bad decisions you made.Maybe it will kill the show now and we can quit losing sleep over the show.

Yeah,they got caught sleeping with the enemy.Now to distance themselves,they got to play dumb.Sad thing is you can sue anybody for anything these days.Even bad decisions you made.Maybe it will kill the show now and we can quit losing sleep over the show.
Sometimes the end justifies the means.

If anybody knows a good lawyer... I could use some help! I had the Discovery Channel/TLC steal my idea for a show that I submitted to them with the terms I either get paid or get hired to work in the production of the show.

Neither happened and they even told me that they weren't interested in my idea. They sent me this email on a Friday. The following Monday they filed a trademark on the show name that I submitted and then produced an entire series! "My Collection Obsession" now known as "My Crazy Obsession" in it's 2nd season...

So... the question remains... anyone know a good trademark/patent lawyer??? This man needs to get paid!

Thanks!

you guys are off base on this one. i know personally that they were never in the bed with this nut case show. they have made a point to distance themselves from day one from the show on the other forum i'm on.

why would they promote a show that stands to damage the hobby they sale a magazine talking about...:laughing:

time to move on and find a new topic.

lol You're apparently misinformed... The magazine gave them permission to use the name, and even in some early shows their magazine appeared in the episode!

OMG, now your a mind reader or you talked to Butch or Anita and know THEY gave permission to use THEIR name.

Get real and quit stirring S--T. I know for fact they DID NOT, you THINK you know they did. :mad:

ENOUGH SAID, I'M DONE :D

Well how was I to know that you know everything that there is to know in the world?

Hell, no need for a judge, you already decided the outcome.

Look out guys!!! No need for a lawsuit since the all knowing one is amongst us now!!!! He knows FOR A FACT he said!!!:cool:

Jury go home, case closed...because Jimmy said so!!!

The plaintiffs say they had originally believed the show would only last through its original 13-episode cycle, but then learned in August that it would return next year. Which proves that they knew about the name use before the show ever aired!

In reaction, a Viacom spokesperson said, "This is a surprising lawsuit on a number of levels.

Primarily due to the fact that – although not disclosed in his complaint – we were issued a valid license from the plaintiff that permits our full use of the ‘American Digger’ trademark.”

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/viacom-sued-spike-tvs-american-384840

Wait for it......wait for it......BOOM BABY. Lol sorry couldn't resist.

The plaintiffs say they had originally believed the show would only last through its original 13-episode cycle, but then learned in August that it would return next year. Which proves that they knew about the name use before the show ever aired!

In reaction, a Viacom spokesperson said, "This is a surprising lawsuit on a number of levels.

Primarily due to the fact that – although not disclosed in his complaint – we were issued a valid license from the plaintiff that permits our full use of the ‘American Digger’ trademark.”

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/viacom-sued-spike-tvs-american-384840

This might not be about the magazine taking a stand on principle, but that they think they should be compensated for each season the show airs, and that is why the comment about the 2nd season was made. If they already offered the trademark up, they know that, so wouldn't make sense suing over it.

This might not be about the magazine taking a stand on principle, but that they think they should be compensated for each season the show airs, and that is why the comment about the 2nd season was made. If they already offered the trademark up, they know that, so wouldn't make sense suing over it.

That's the point I was making to the guy who knows for a fact:lol:

you guys are off base on this one. i know personally that they were never in the bed with this nut case show. they have made a point to distance themselves from day one from the show on the other forum i'm on.

why would they promote a show that stands to damage the hobby they sale a magazine talking about...:laughing:

time to move on and find a new topic.

No not in bed because you tend to write magazine articles from a desk, which is what Rick Savage did before the show. So to talk like there was never any connection is not true.

Back
Top Bottom