I’m Armed and Dangerous!

Chipk

Elite Member
Saturday Night Special on a Saturday Night

Went back to the spot where I found the axe heads and thought I had found another! Instead it was a dirt covered lump of rusty iron.

As I was transferring it to my trash pouch, a light bulb went off in my head. I pulled it back and brushed away the Florida sand. Soon what appeared to be another toy pistol but again a light bulb went off in the noggin as I realized I was holding a real firearm. I continued to hunt and soon a pocket knife joined my arsenal.

I took it to the Maritime Museum where it was rinsed off. It seems to be a .32 or .38 revolver. Mother of pearl grips adorn it.

Likely it is loaded with live rounds.

I seem to be finding weapons or potentially dangerous items. I’ve found several pocket knives, a machete, a Filipino barang, a wide range of bullets ranging from .22 shorts to .50 caliber. Of course the 50 clips /300 rounds of pre-WWII .30 rounds.

And now a pistol.

Armed and dangerous.

Attachments

• D7CECEFB-FCB9-47F0-924F-75B2CA7B6143.jpg
    D7CECEFB-FCB9-47F0-924F-75B2CA7B6143.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 472
Armed but far less dangerous than most people believe. Neat find. Its a shame you did not find it many years ago before it was destroyed by mother nature.

Sounds like you discovered the criminals evidence dumping ground! Axe heads, knives, now a pistol. Wondering what’s next!?...

These are the recent beside the housing project finds. Last month or so. One is a 22 Imperial revolver. The other I think is a Armi Galesi 22 or 25 semi auto. Got one of those that shoots great. These are so damaged no ballistics or readable numbers. Been buried quite a while . The revolver was under a rock beside a wall.

The bottom is a Squirt gun. Yep the old name, had a bulb on the end and squirted water. M&L company USA. And with a bulb it will shoot! 😂

My revolver is circa 1970, the semi auto 1930 circa.

Chip don't buy any bullets yet,......

Attachments

• IMG_20190224_184638.jpg
    IMG_20190224_184638.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 323
Last edited:
I don't think it is a real gun. ONLY from experience. Real guns do not rust that way from what I have seen. I have found over 100 guns. Most fall apart but lots are still good. Top two on left of first picture are real. The smaller one is from the 1800's. Even the old barrel in the last picture doesn't have huge rust spots that will flake off. Again I am speaking from experience. The 357 was tossed in the water in the early 1970's

The revolver had a serial number, name, did research, it's real. Seen them in police work. The semi auto , it's real super heavy. Have my Dad's just like it. Well daughter has it out of state. Italian made Armi Galesi. Heavy metal. It was in coal that looked burnt around bricks at shotgun house, so think it may have been tossed in fire.

The bottom is early toy water gun. Had big rubber bubble for grip . Aka squirt gun. .

I have a big magnet as soon as I get over surgery fully, summertime, and weather changes I have a spot to try. Salvaged bar of big flat magnetc from roadkill floor and roofing nail sweeper roller thing. Viva le roadkill... Got a wheel for lawnmower, workable aluminum housing for projects, handle with a scoop idea in mind, bolts and magnets. My wife said I would be a buzzard if an animal. Free is free.. recycle repurpose expand your creativity... Cheaply lol!😂

Last edited:
The revolver had a serial number, name, did research, it's real. Seen them in police work. The semi auto , it's real super heavy. Have my Dad's just like it. Well daughter has it out of state. Italian made Armi Galesi. Heavy metal. It was in coal that looked burnt around bricks at shotgun house, so think it may have been tossed in fire.

The bottom is early toy water gun. Had big rubber bubble for grip . Aka squirt gun. .

I have a big magnet as soon as I get over surgery fully, summertime, and weather changes I have a spot to try. Salvaged bar of big flat magnetc from roadkill floor and roofing nail sweeper roller thing. Viva le roadkill... Got a wheel for lawnmower, workable aluminum housing for projects, handle with a scoop idea in mind, bolts and magnets. My wife said I would be a buzzard if an animal. Free is free.. recycle repurpose expand your creativity... Cheaply lol!😂

Wasn't talking about your revolver. That one does look real. I was talking about the origional posters revolver. Sorry for the confusion,

His ALSO just might be real. Just never have seen a real gun rust in that fashion. BUT there is a lot I haven't seen.

Last edited:
Scuba I like that Colt. Had one like it but allowed a guy to talk me out of it. For the proper sum of course.

The reason his revolver is so rusted is because he is on the coast. The salt air and waves from the ocean will ruin any thing real quick on the beach. It would have survived better under water.

Ray

I don't think it is a real gun. ONLY from experience. Real guns do not rust that way from what I have seen. I have found over 100 guns. Most fall apart but lots are still good. Top two on left of first picture are real. The smaller one is from the 1800's. Even the old barrel in the last picture doesn't have huge rust spots that will flake off. Again I am speaking from experience. The 357 was tossed in the water in the early 1970's

I have one almost exactly like that, only mine is a .38...you said this one is a .357?

Back
Top Bottom