Shocked and Amazed. What did I find?

Awesome find! Definitely commemorating an event. The writting does not look like 1299 from that region. Nevertheless that is one COOL find. I’d agree with other on the 1800s dating.

Awesome find. Definitely one that will be in your lifetime top 5 finds probably even number one. Congrats..

VERY interesting, I would seek professional information from someone with more knowledge on WW.

The 1299 year was the beginning of his Mysterious Mission leaving Scotland going to Rome to conduct business with Supreme Pontiff Pope Boniface VIII.

William was captured and executed by the English in 1305.

I do question the guard on the sword as the full hand guard did not show up until about the 15th century. At first I thought I saw a metal detector, ah, but it was a sword. The lion and the thistle are neat carvings, one target I would highly cherish and spend hours and dollars on its research/authentication.

Attachments

• ImageWW1.jpg
    ImageWW1.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 205
  • ImageWW2.jpg
    ImageWW2.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 203
What.did.i.find

Maybe.the.medal.has.something,to.do.with.the.zodiac,August.23rd.being,the.cusp.of.Leo.the.lion.

Dang amazing find, read your other post on it and I'm just blown away! That's one I'm glad didn't get into the recycle bin, can you imagine!

Back
Top Bottom