I came back to an old friend: Fisher F70

Darktower007

Forum Supporter
I began using the F70 since March but it something wasn’t right. It wasn’t deep ( like I couldn’t hit a 4 inch coin not deep) real jumpy. So back in June I sent it off to Fisher to have them look at it. Felix called me and said I had TWO loose wires they fixed them tested it and everything else is working fine now. He replaced the faceplate and didn’t charge me a thing!
Now the same week I got it back I got the deus. So the f70 sat in my closet.

Well the other day I took it to my test garden and the f70 nailed a 10 inch quarter!

Wow! I thought. To a school I went and dug some deep wheats and a bunch of clad. 4-8 inches deep. The f70 is a simple turn on and go metal detector, but can be tweaked a 1000 different ways.. it’s definitely gonna see more use!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive heard good things about them let us know how it compares to the AT MAX.

Well I can swing the f70 all day and my wrist doesn’t hurt. At max is so nose heavy with 11”DD it actually hurts after a while... and I’m almost 6’4 not a little guy! Lol
The f70 for some reason does better with some discrimination. I set it at 5 and between the iron I got a deep 82 the other day and it was a fired civil war bullet! It started to rain so I got the max out of my truck [emoji22]

I like the max but and have used the at pro for several months, but I’m so familiar with the f70 it just clicked. DIGGER27 helped me a ton when I first got the unit. So mad props!

I enjoy trying different detectors but some I’ll keep due to simplicity of use and trust.
So far no way I’m parting with the f70 and deus.. at max may get traded :shock:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s awesome! I’m glad you pulled it back out of the closet and gave it another chance. Hopefully you’ll nail something even better soon! Keep us posted.

That’s awesome! I’m glad you pulled it back out of the closet and gave it another chance. Hopefully you’ll nail something even better soon! Keep us posted.
Yes sir! I re read some of DIGGER27's posts and NASA TOM on unmasking in disc 6 mono tone.. I'm gonna take it to my nail city park and see how it works!

Darktower, if you don't have the little 5" dd for your F70, you to get one. It's an amazing little coil!

Back
Top Bottom