Another VA looting trip...JD and I had 15 silvers!

jwp1964

Forum Supporter
Drove a couple hours and met up with JD. Doorknocked a couple places we’ve wanted to hunt in VA. A great hunt happened.

I did the knocking and JD did the driving this time,

JD hit 10 silvers for the day and I had 5. One knock of two produced 13 of the 15 silvers. We also both got nickel trifecta in the same yard. This was in a yard that had been hunted before. Silvers were 34-38 FTY for me.

I ended up with 5 silvers, 2 V nickels, 2 injuns, 2 Buffs and 23 wheats. We also both found General Service Eagle buttons. Mine was a smashed cuff and JD got a perfect condition coat button.

JD hasn’t posted the vid yet so I’ll leave out the details on his finds.

This is why I travel to dig. Just can’t get these kind of hunts around my place

Last edited:
Wow... love all that Shiny! The nickels look good too, esp the Buffs, and those Indian Head cents look nice! Excellent hunt congratulations!

Drove a couple hours and met up with JD. Doorknocked a couple places we’ve wanted to hunt in VA. A great hunt happened.

I did the knocking and JD did the driving this time,

JD hit 10 silvers for the day and I had 5. One knock of two produced 13 of the 15 silvers. We also both got nickel trifecta in the same yard. This was in a yard that had been hunted before. Silvers were 34-38 FTY for me.

I ended up with 5 silvers, 2 V nickels, 2 injuns, 2 Buffs and 23 wheats. We also both found General Service Eagle buttons. Mine was a smashed cuff and JD got a perfect condition coat button.

JD hasn’t posted the vid yet so I’ll leave out the details on his finds.

This is why I travel to dig. Just can’t get these kind of hunts around my place

curious! what technique do you use to get permission?
a "nice" looking woman?

(h.h.!)
j.t.

curious! what technique do you use to get permission?
a "nice" looking woman?

(h.h.!)
j.t.

If I had a nice looking woman along I’d get a lot more permissions, lol.

I just tell them my name, that I’m not there to sell them anything, give them a quick explanation of the hobby and ask if they’d be open to allowing me/us to give it a shot.

That is some very fine hunting Jerry. A great road trip made a lot better with a very good friend. Congrats on the 5 Silvers, the Nickel trifecta, the Indian and all the rest. Even better as it seems to have renewed your passion for the hobby. Trapper

That is some very fine hunting Jerry. A great road trip made a lot better with a very good friend. Congrats on the 5 Silvers, the Nickel trifecta, the Indian and all the rest. Even better as it seems to have renewed your passion for the hobby. Trapper

Thanks Jack. VA has been very good to me when I get over there.

Great haul guy's !

Thanks Ohio!

Congrats on the nice hunt and finds.

HD

Thanks HD!

Wow... love all that Shiny! The nickels look good too, esp the Buffs, and those Indian Head cents look nice! Excellent hunt congratulations!

My goal for the day was at least one Injun...mission accomplished!

That absolutely was a great trip Jerry. Congrats on a sweet silver haul and a hunt that produced just about every coin we all hunt for. Would like to see the video. HH Mark

Great show. Thanx for taking us along. I absolutely love the green patina on the IH's and early wheaties.

That absolutely was a great trip Jerry. Congrats on a sweet silver haul and a hunt that produced just about every coin we all hunt for. Would like to see the video. HH Mark

Thanks. It was fun. JD will probably post up video on his youtube channel soon.

Great show. Thanx for taking us along. I absolutely love the green patina on the IH's and early wheaties.

Thanks Tom. That 1893 is in amazing shape and Emerald green.

Congrats on all those sweet finds!

Thanks Twizzlerlord!

Congrats on a great hunt Jerry!!!

Thanks Worm!

Nice hunt.
Thought you quit.
Guess not.

I've given up on TN. All hunts I post from here on out will be when I get an opportunity to travel.

Great trip and congrats on the finds.

Thanks Jam. It was a great hunt for both of us.

Yes a great hunt.

Thanks MCH!

Back
Top Bottom