San Diego California

It honestly could have been I have met 3 people with the CTX one was a woman. I have found the dry in front of the hotel's gets refreshed daily. 3am I should have been in the wet as its low tide. I am running the 5x8 coil on my AT my foot print feels so tiny when I see everyone with their 15" coils. But it would be nice to hunt with someone. How many hours do you hunt for? Do you hunt daily?Do you have any coils for the AT? I am always looking to trade for more gear.

Tatia! She's cool.
I was asking if you were at Coronado Monday morning.
I know what you mean about the footprint. I run the 15" and feel like I'm bit covering if I use the 11" coil.
I used to hunt 3 to 4 times a week. Now it's about 5-6 times a month.
I can usually go for 3 hours, more if I'm finding treasure.
Not selling anything as of now.
Just curious, would you have traded $600 gold melt for a Nox 600?

No I was not at Coroanado on Monday, I have been there a few times and have had bad luck there each time. I did find a girls iPhone and got to return it to her she was very happy. 600 at melt for a 600 it would have had to still have warranty and come with some goodies.
I have my eye on the 800 but the 600 would do just fine by me.

Each time I was at Coronado the tractor was doing its thing I'm thinking that is anbad thing. I do really enjoy all the planes and helicopters thet flew over while i was there.

Grinding the grides out with the 5x8 has started to become depressing. I am very careful to overlap and not miss anything so looking at sections of the beach I now see time frames or 45 to an hour rather than space or steps. The larger coil in my mind will make me 2 to 3 times faster easy. Plus taking anwhoke step forward will be nice.

What is your favorite beach around here?

Any Nox out there should have at least 1.5 years warranty left.
I just sold my buddy a 600 for $500 cash, but I was willing to do $600 melt. Just curious to see if you'd have done that. All he got was the machine, a cover, a handle wrap and the charger cable.
I like any beach that has treasure.

Are you retired? How do you go 10 hours per hunt?!

....At what depth were the majority of your gold coin finds? Have you ever had anyone ask for your autograph? Maybe sign a detector for gold luck? Do you prefer to hunt alone?

No rhyme or reason to the depths. Not necessarily deep. They were all a function of "location location location".

No, no one's asked for autographs ! :frustrated: Not gonna write a book. But I am planning on having a video done, of me going tray by tray through site-specific drawers. And coin-by-coin in the case of the gold coins. Where I narrate the specifics, how the site was found, what other buddies found there, issues of access, etc.... With instructions to my next of kin that they can share it after I pass on.

I don't get out as often as I used to. I am more selective in sites as I get older (going out when the prospects only look *really* good). Have gravitated to long-distance spots, requiring 2 to 3 day trips. Meaning that's only a couple of times per year. And for local stuff: tend to wait for old-town demolition tearouts. And waiting for beach storms has turned out to be a recipe for idle-ness, since we've had about 3 lame winters in a row lately :mad:

Back
Top Bottom