My first post and my 2 cents on F2

twofast_4_you

I have been detecting for a short time, 6 months in, but just a few days in hunt time, my first detector was a Fisher 1236, great machine, but after alot of reviewing, I bought a Fisher F4, I wasn't pleased with it, seemed a little jumpy, but then again, I may have not given it enough time in the field, my pasion is relic hunting, so the F4 and 1236 went to ebay land, and my new detector was a Nautilus Dmc IIB, I would love to say I would never own another machine....but I'm just learning the Nuatilus, and I am hopeful it will end up everything I hope for. After getting frustrated with my Dmc, I went back to the forum and did some more research, and soon after the ups guy was delivering my new Tesoro cibola and Fisher F2, Got the F2 for my son to use.... so here I am, I have 1200 bucks in detectors, and I'm using the cheapest model more than any of them, the F2 is a coin magnet, I use the small 4 inch coil, and about 80% of the time, I know what i'm digging before I touch the ground, today I let a friend of mine use the F2 in a old front lawn, and I used the cibola, I was shocked how many coins he was hitting on, all I could hear was that double loud beep, the F2 may not be the deepest machine out there, but if you just enjoy coin shooting, for 200 bucks, you can't go wrong, I don't see how any detector could find coins any better than the F2, so my new problem is.....which relic machine to keep, the cibola or the Dmc IIb. any tips on making the cibola better would be helpful, and to give the cibola some credit, it did find my best finds so far today, a 1914 and 1942 Mercury dime, and a Buffalo Nickle, all in the same hole, about 6 inches deep, I don't think the F2 would have reached them.
Just my 2 cents

And that is why you get such a difference in opinions on the same detector. A detector doesn't need to be expensive or full featured to get the job done, it can help in the right conditions though.

Back
Top Bottom