• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Garrett 250 vs the Garrett Gtp 1350

RIdetector

Forum Supporter
I currently use a Garrett Ace 250 had it ,about 4 months and I like very much.I've gone over some areas I've hunted in the past and pulled out a bunch more targets.I thought I had covered the ground pretty good.I hunt mostly old school yards ,parks,older home's a few cellar holes etc.Well I have the metal dectecting bug bad and already feel the need to buy a better MD.I was looking at the Garrett Gtp 1350 looks easy to use.So my question is,what will I gain besides maybe depth targeting etc is there that much of a difference?between the 2?? beside's price.Should I just stick with what I have? Help!!:?::?:

Unless you need the profiling.....save you some money and keep the ace and buy the sniper coil :) you can get a little closer to the sidewalks and fences and make them sites produce once again :)

The Ace 250 is a great detector. The 1350 will give you the size of the target, which will eliminate digging a lot of trash. The 250 will show a can as a dime and it's sometimes difficult to determine if it's a can or dime without digging it up. With experience, you can pinpoint the target and get a good idea if it's a coin or a large can with the 250. If you are going to upgrade, you may consider the GTI 1500. You can get several coils for the 1500 (including a 12.5" Imaging) and it will have outstanding depth (quarter at 12+ inches). I don't know the difference in price between the 1350 and 1500 and what your budget allows, but either will be a great coin shooter.

I upgraded to the 1350 and am very pleased with it.
Some of the features it has that the 250 doesn't have are:
Internal volume control
You can turn off the (3)tones, leaving you with a single beep ( like the sound a nickel makes o the 250) and you can also adjust the pitch of the tones.
The 1350 has a wider choice of senitivity ( 1 through 10 )
You can change the frequency (nice if your MDing with others ).
Better depth
It has a salt elimination mode
Targeting
Backlighting
and it's green :D
I'm sure there is more, but that's just off the top of my head. It kicks my 250, and I like the 250 alot.

Back
Top Bottom