New Fisher f75 LTD2 Just pulled the trigger

choppadude

Forum Supporter
Just ordered a new Fisher F75 LTD2. I have heard some good things about this unit. Anyone out there that owns one want to tell me about some good finds they made to make me feel better about spending almost $1k

I have upgraded unit with jan dated software installed. Machine is super quiet disc 0 sens 99 bp. Haven't been anywhere yet I can't run it at full bore. I have dug small bullets down to 10.5 inches, one at 11". I'm not an AM hunter so no comments. 9.0 mode should be the deepest, 9.1 supposedly is quieter and not as deep, I see no reason to ever use unless maybe trying to detect inside a metropolis. You will notice the new or upgraded units are a little slower recovery speed wise. And now according to Mr Dankowski the upgraded units are infact not as deep as the older ltd/se units. Looks to be around .5 inches less deep on clad dime in neutral dirt. But don't let this discourage you. I feel the upgraded units have more useable depth. To get the extra half inch with the old unit, required a 0 disc setting 99 sens. I was never able to ever run my older unit near that hot and
make any sense out of what my coil was going over. I think you will like your new unit.

I was just watching some videos on them....they look really nice. . . thinking about pulling the trigger.

Thank goodness you got a new machine. . . your collection was dwindling down to nada!!!!!

The small 5 inch coil is the best I've ever seen,I've had 5 and 6 inch coils for my other units,but to me they didn't come close to the performance of the f75ltd.

Let me put your mind at ease with a few pics.
I got an F70...a rat-rod version of the big boy.
First hunt swinging the coil way too fast I got a banging signal on a tiny piece of silver 6-7" deep. (SPEED)

first silver.jpg

A couple of hunts later near a picnic pavilion in a total trash pit I got a nickel signal that was surrounded by other garbage.
Dug up one of the nicest rings I ever found. (TARGET SEPARATION)
Still have to test it again, it is at least 14k, I suspect it is actually platinum and 18k.

gold.jpg

Not long after at the edge of an old park near the street in an area of some of the worst EMI I have ever encountered I got a confusing signal that bounced from zinc to dime and was about a foot square but the tones were so solid and good sounding it still screamed dig me.
7-8" down spread out was the best coin spill I ever dug...3 Indians and an old wheatie. (TONES ARE AS IMPORTANT AS THE SCREEN INFO IF NOT MORE ON THE DEEP STUFF)

best pocket spill.jpg

I dug the deepest target I ever went after using your big DD coil.
Just a thumb ringer off an old bicycle bell but it gave me a great tone and even screen ID numbers that were very close to accurate.
This thing was laying at a measured 15". (MAJOR DEPTH)

All of this was before I had much experience.
Months later in a site so filled with iron that several very experienced hunters with other top level brand flagships gave up after one try.
I stayed around and eventually learned how to hunt at sites like this using not just one but 2 different methods and ended up finding the great stuff that we all suspected were here but were totally masked.
Just a few...

sh coins.jpg

I have plucked out several silver dimes in parks so old and filled with trash most believed there was nothing left to find.
I love the small sniper coil and that has found me much, but these dimes, a couple silver quarters and almost 20 silver jewelry pieces were found mostly with the big DD coil on board.
A million settings possible, some of them will hone even that big DD coil down to a laser-like scalpel. (INFINITE POSSIBILITIES AT ALMOST ANY SITE WITH SETTINGS)

Just a sample of some of my better coins.

coins.jpg

Counting two winter breaks I have used this thing for a total of about a year and even though I spent about 3/4's of that time experimenting and learning and a lot less digging than usual this is my total so far.

More older and silver coins than I have ever dug in a year before including that Walker half, and I wasn't even looking for silver at most of my sites I hunt.

Those 20 silver jewelry pieces I mentioned...mostly rings, some pendants and chains.
Just a couple of those all found in very heavy trash.

more silver.jpg

7 gold rings and one silver and gold pendant in about one year actual hunting time all from public parks.

gold F70.jpg

Close to $300 in clad.

Many, many more great cool targets too numerous to even talk about here.

All of this was with an F70.

Your is quieter with even more settings and features and plenty of benefits to those extra features once you learn them!
The Fisher language is rich, learn it well and there is nothing you can't do.
I have many hours in with the F2 but only one year with the F70 and I feel I am barely scratching the surface of what it can do.

You did well in your decision from my point of view.
Look at the pics.
My rig is awesome...yours is even awesomer. (sic)
You have something that should pay for itself and then some.
The sky is the limit with this thing...if even that.

Damn,you make me want another Fisher.Every word is spot on from my experience. I never let my f75ltd go for no other reason than to try a new machine.

Congrats, it should compliment your E-trac well. The F75 is the opposite in that the recovery is super fast, the sweep speed is fast, and it's much lighter. Mine (original F75) is mostly used for relics and cellar hole hunting, the E-trac is for parks, and deep silver.

Well coil, you were one of the reasons that I bought this. You recommended for me to try the E Trac when I was searching for my last machine and you were spot on, I love that machine! And knowing that you also run a F75 tells me it is also a good unit.
Digger27,
Your reputation precedes you. I have seen so much good info that you have posted on here. And you go into detail that only a person who is passionate about the subject could do.
I thank you for your post and the pics of the great finds you have made. I have now lost all inhibitions about this purchase and am actually excited about getting this machine.
I must also add that the 5 year warranty had a lot to do with this decision also. Face it, this is a piece of electronic equipment, something can go wrong at any time. Having 5 years to get my moneys worth of use and finds seems like a doable task. Especially after seeing what Digger27 has managed to find with his older unit in just a year!
Hoping next month brings us a thaw!

Well coil, you were one of the reasons that I bought this. You recommended for me to try the E Trac when I was searching for my last machine and you were spot on, I love that machine! And knowing that you also run a F75 tells me it is also a good unit.
Digger27,
Your reputation precedes you. I have seen so much good info that you have posted on here. And you go into detail that only a person who is passionate about the subject could do.
I thank you for your post and the pics of the great finds you have made. I have now lost all inhibitions about this purchase and am actually excited about getting this machine.
I must also add that the 5 year warranty had a lot to do with this decision also. Face it, this is a piece of electronic equipment, something can go wrong at any time. Having 5 years to get my moneys worth of use and finds seems like a doable task. Especially after seeing what Digger27 has managed to find with his older unit in just a year!

Well thanks!
Doable....a forgone conclusion is more apt.
I am hard on my equipment and this thing has survived me very well so far.
One thing I forgot to mention is that you won't be spending a ton of money on batteries.
Even with your backlight on all the time the amount of battery power these things consume is shocking once you realize what you are seeing.
If it was a car it would be getting about 200 miles to the gallon.
Probably the best thing to do is start at factory settings or with the DST upgrade even pump them a a bit and dig a bunch to get a feel for it, but there is a ton of surprising and very deep technical stuff using different settings and about how these things actually work all over the place on here, Findmall in the Fisher forum and Tom Dankowski's forum.
Do a search or just ask and I can hook you up when you are ready.
Looking forward to seeing pics of your finds once you get out with it.

Digger27,

Next you should check out the V3i, very fun detector, has great target ID and depth. I use the F75 for relics, E-trac for parks and deep silver, and the V3i for all around detecting.

Congrats on the NEw machine chopperdude - I hope you enjoy that beast of a machine -

I am still light years away from one of those -

Enjoy ;)

You have done well with the F70, I see a F75ltd2 in your future , congrads, some nice finds, Earl

Thanks!
I credit my totally anal process I go through learning new detectors for most of those finds...plus more than a little luck.
I would like to think the md gods tend to reward those of us that are the best looking with the purest hearts...but it is more probably that luck thing. :D

Thanks!
I credit my totally anal process I go through learning new detectors for most of those finds...plus more than a little luck.
I would like to think the md gods tend to reward those of us that are the best looking with the purest hearts...but it is more probably that luck thing. :D

Well I think the Detecting Gods give to those who also give to this hobby. Karma works both ways :grin:

Digger27

Ya I agree on trying different machines , I am the same way , since 2009 I have been water hunting, taking time from land hunting, around here Land hunting is not good, the beach is 260 miles round trip, I expect to move next year within 10 miles from the beach, can't wait, I have found a few things here & their, love the hobby, happy hunting, Earl PS The 14k wedding band was found on a sidewalk strip local with the F75 standard with the 5dd coil.

Attachments

• P1000113.JPG
    P1000113.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 311
  • P1000030.JPG
    P1000030.JPG
    166.6 KB · Views: 305
  • P1000108.JPG
    P1000108.JPG
    159.9 KB · Views: 303
  • OC Hunts July 2013 001.JPG
    OC Hunts July 2013 001.JPG