First Hunt Of 2020

Looks like a nice spot and congrats on the pile of clad.
Thanks Jam...….

Ed... you slacker, you! First time out this year. Where have you been hiding? CT is not exactly the frozen tundra of Wisconsin, mate. :?:

Seriously though, Ed, happy you finally got out there to shake off your winter blahs and getting a good start on your 2020 clad-stabbing totals. Was that even enough for one Starbucks? I never liked Starbucks coffees, so I’d have change left over at a Dunkin with a day like yours. Silver tomorrow!!!
Even though the winter was milder than usual with no snow on the ground since early December I just couldn't bring myself to get out there in January or February.....must have something to do with just recently turning 74. But even with that, I got out on the 28th compared to last year only getting out on the 29th so I'm actually one day ahead of the pace:laughing: As for the clad and Starbucks....I NEVER go to Starbucks and rarely go to Dunkin' Donuts. My coffee shop of choice is "Baker's Dozen", a local spot here in eastern Connecticut with about 5 locations. The coffee is as good as DD's and because I'm a senior I get a FREE donut with my coffee every day and the donuts there are BIGGER and better than the junk that DD calls a donut. Hopefully I'll see you in October at the hunt.

Glad you were able to get out - great job.
Thanks.....it felt great to finally get out there and dig some coins.

Good that you finally got out and a fine clad count! I have yet to do a dirt dig this season:( just been to going the beach...
Getting out was nice and I intend to keep going out. Are there any people walking the beach? I saw only a small handful of people at the place I hunted this past weekend.

Thanks Garrett.....how are things up your way?
It's been pretty crazy with all the stuff going around. I haven't been able to get out detecting yet this year, but hopefully soon now that the ground is pretty much thawed, it does still get to the 20's at night sometimes though. :mder: However, toilet paper is starting to slowly come back to the stores now, so I guess that's good. :laughing:

Last edited:
Is been pretty crazy with all the stuff going around. I haven't been able to get out detecting yet this year, but hopefully soon now that the ground is pretty munch thawed, it does still get to the 20°s at night sometimes though. :mder: However, toilet paper is starting to slowly come back to the stores now, so I guess that's good. :laughing:
Glad to hear that you will be able to get out soon. When all this is over there's going to be more than a few people who'll have a lifetime supply of toilet paper in their house.

Back
Top Bottom