Hunting Partner Near Forney, Texas

Newb in the house!

Greetings.

I just recently bought a unit.
I am in the Rockwall area.
As I am new, I would like to learn the how's, what's and whatever.
I know I should have done more homework, but I am just now informed that we have to have permits?
Hopefully this is not a huge issue...

Stay virus free!

Eric

Greetings.

I just recently bought a unit.
I am in the Rockwall area.
As I am new, I would like to learn the how's, what's and whatever.
I know I should have done more homework, but I am just now informed that we have to have permits?
Hopefully this is not a huge issue...

Stay virus free!

Eric

I haven't hunted in Rockwall and am not aware of any permit requirement. Right now it doesn't matter as the governor has issued a Stay At Home order for the state of Texas through April 30th.

Maybe we can get together after all of this blows over...

I haven't hunted in Rockwall and am not aware of any permit requirement.....

What ? And you weren't "arrested" ? Shame on you ! Now go do the right thing, and ask a bunch of people in city hall there "Can I ?" and "Does this need a permit ?". Be sure to have a shovel in your hand while you're asking them, so they can understand the full implications of your question.

Hurry , go do the right thing and swat those hornet's nests. So that you too can fret yourelf silly . When , in fact, as you're experience shows, no one really gave a moment of thought.

Just avoid obvious historic monuments, and busy-bodies, and .... presto, no one cares.

What ? And you weren't "arrested" ? Shame on you ! Now go do the right thing, and ask a bunch of people in city hall there "Can I ?" and "Does this need a permit ?". Be sure to have a shovel in your hand while you're asking them, so they can understand the full implications of your question.

Hurry , go do the right thing and swat those hornet's nests. So that you too can fret yourelf silly . When , in fact, as you're experience shows, no one really gave a moment of thought.

Just avoid obvious historic monuments, and busy-bodies, and .... presto, no one cares.

Huh? Is this directed to me? If so, I have no idea if the city of Rockwall requires a permit to metal detect. I don't hunt there as I haven't chosen to hunt there. I've been hassled one time in a Dallas park by an over exuberant LEO. Other than that I've had no issues, nor asked about the legality of metal detecting anywhere. I only stay away from anyplace that is clearly marked "No Metal Detecting", or obvious Historical sites. Of course, National Parks and many State Parks, also don't allow metal detecting, that I'm aware of.

i Agree with you though that asking about metal detecting to some government agency is a sure way to get them thinking, and that's the last thing we need...

Ooops, I mis-read your post . I thought you had said that you HAD detected Rockwall. But now I see that it said haveN'T . Sorry, my bad.

No Problem Tom. Just was confused about your post, but now I understand. At my age, I do stuff like that as well, and have my own Emily Litella (SNL) moments...

Back
Top Bottom