• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

People like this really tick me off...

welll

Chances are that whoever goes out there will not find much get bored and leave. 27 acres is alot of land to look on. Id just hold out and wait when they give the go ahead. Then after you hunt it and are thorougly finished, call them and thank them for allowing you to hunt it. You had the best hunt ever and found bags full of silver dollars (or some other amazing find) :laughing:

ps maybe one reason the bible states that women are not suppose to be pastors is because they wont allow you to detect their property ? :lol:;)

I agree that's wrong of her to steal your idea and try to capitalize off of it.

Similar story here, I had listed my F2 on craigslist and some guy called me to tell me that he knew of certain properties to hunt that might have some good valuables. He didn't really come out and say it, but I was certain that he was hinting that he wanted me to detect it, and give him all the stuff I find.

If she is looking

If she is looking to fund the church, how about hold a group hunt . When you hold the hunt ,have us donate a few bucks each. Tell her if we make a donation to the church, can we hunt in peace and keep our finds. Just a thought. She gets some funds , we get to hunt.

If she is looking to fund the church, how about hold a group hunt . When you hold the hunt ,have us donate a few bucks each. Tell her if we make a donation to the church, can we hunt in peace and keep our finds. Just a thought. She gets some funds , we get to hunt.

Very good idea Tim...Very good!!!

I emailed them on facebook earlier. Let me see what they say to that first...

Not really a great idea. If you seem willing to pay then there must be lots of valuables in that field:lol::lol:

I'd give it a week or two and offer to hunt it for the church for $10 per hour plus expenses. 27 acres should take several hundred hours to "properly" search.:shock:

Remember to keep all the trash and present it to them with all the good finds after all she paid for it.:laughing:

She didn't even give me the opportunity. She wants to offer it to her congregation. Smh

Ask her again in a few months. There is about a 99% chance that no one in her congregation would have the patience and the courage be seen detecting the church, let alone the skills and technology to find the goods!

If she says, members detected it and found only junk and modern coins, you can tell her that it takes years of experience to find a few old coins in junk, and offer to let her keep certain artifacts which may be of interest to the church.

This probably came up because expectations were not set properly when you floated this one to her. I usually ask permission to metal detect for small objects including old coins, wheat pennies worth 50 cents, and silver dimes worth $2, and tell them I usually find a silver dime every couple of weeks, a silver quarter worth $6 every couple of months, and $1 an hour in clad. I just do this because you never know what you will find and I enjoy going back in time.

She thinks you will find buried treasure or hundreds of silver coins. Maybe she know there is something buried there?

I wouldn't worry about it. Most every churchgoer I've known was fat and lazy probably from all the potlucks they hold. So I doubt many of them own a detector and even fewer are willing to walk around more than 30 mins or a hour. 27 acres is a lot of ground to cover. Some folks will no doubt rush out buy the cheapest detector they have at Hobby Lobby, not find much of anything then get mad and quit. Many MD's are sold, but relatively few know how to use them correctly or even know that they need a pinpointer too. You might want to warn the woman about all the giant holes they are about to have on property.

I don't see the problem, most likely, she was hinting that you should join her church, the detecting was offered as a 'perk'. My try talking to her again, maybe visit her, in her office this time. Maybe bring a few photos, finds, to give her some idea about what the reality is with detecting. You neighbor is a church member, so he has permission, maybe get him out there, I'm sure they wouldn't mind bring a guest, perhaps a potential new member...

So a couple weekends ago my town had an annual festival. It attracts tens of thousands of people. I saw my neighbor there promoting his church with many other members there including the pastor. I mention to him about detecting some 27 acres of farmland they own where they plan on building a church about 5 years down the line. He refers me to the pastor whom I will name pastor Mary for this. As I speak with pastor Mary about it she sees no issue but just would just have to confirm it with the church board. Fast forward to today and her admin asst calls me back. She said that pastor Mary wants to offer it to anyone in her congregation to detect it. She thinks that if there are any valuables there that they should go to the church. I told her this is a hobby and the chances of finding anything real valuable is about as much chance as hitting the powerball. I said it is my hobby, not a money making job. Any coins that do come out are usually pretty well toasted. Oh but she thanked me for the idea. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

For the most part churches are greedy. Not always but mostly. All they ever think of is money and how they can make more. If she thinks the church is going to strike it rich, she has another thing coming to her. I am so ticked right now:mad::mad::mad:

If you are religious, please do not take this personally. This is simply how I feel and I am just venting to my fellow hunters. Just needed to get this off my chest...Thank you...

I go to church, and I'm s little offended, but I'm not mostly. You got it right that some churche's don't act like churche's. I've been to a few churche's where people are stuck up or rude. I can't believe that even churche's today are filled with snobs. I'm lucky I go to an old fashion church full of nice people.

The pastor called me today and said they are rethinking allowing me to hunt the property. It is just if I were to find anything valuable, it would have to goto the church. I figure there is a 99.99% chance that won't happen anyway :lol:. She called me responding to my facebook message telling her it is just a hobby and not a money making thing for me and that 99% of the finds are trash or toasted coins. Shw will let me know in a couple weeks. That's cool since the crops are still there anyway. Fingers crossed!!

Be careful, you might just have 100 new detectorists in your area if you go there and teach them about metal detecting... ruining the rest of the spots in town.

Edit: just saw your last post, that's a better outcome.

You could say you may find the holy grail or the arc of the convent(being gold and lost).
She may sing a different tune with the thought of a relic in the showcase....jus kidding.

HA! The question is do any of the churchs members even MD? If none of them do then they aren't gonna find anything to begin with. Of course, maybe they will be foolish enough to buy a new $100 MD thinking they will easily make the money back. People just don't understand how difficult it is to learn and use a machine effectively. HH[/QUOTE

Well said!

Wow, didn't know there were so many people this ignorant about religion. Great comments, you "represent" so well.....:wow2:
Or does the herd mentality only continue until someone gets irritated? Incredible.

This thread has approached and crossed the "No Religion" a few times already!

Dial it back guys or it goes Bye-Bye! :police:

I would just wait and see what she says, if she insists on the "church keeps", then you need to mention the compensation for your time, energy and batteries. Go all Rick Savage on her and offer an 80/20 split!!! BOOM BABY!!!

Back
Top Bottom