• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

30 Day Challenge (living off metal detecting finds only)

Predecimal

I recently met an older couple who quit their jobs 8 years ago, and now make a full time living from metal detecting. These guys are no joke, and work 7 days a week.

My partner has been sent to Canberra for work for the next 4-6 weeks, so I have decided to start the 30 day challenge while she is away. I will be attempting to live/pay rent living expenses on only money made from my metal detecting finds.

The challenge kicks off tonight, and I will be blogging and taking photos of each nights finds. I am planning on getting out 5 days a week, for about 7 hours shifts.

I will keep you guys up to date with how I go, and provide a link to my blog with daily updates.

I will be mostly beach huting...hope you guys find this interesting :)

Attachments

• logo.jpg
    logo.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 4,888
Looking forward to your post!!!

It would be nice if you could do it...but I have some doubts ..still will be a lot of fun I bet!! :lol::D

hehe, i have my doubts too, but thankfully we have $1 and $2 coins here. Just abit of fun really, and will great to share my adventure with you guys :)

Wow, that's an ambitious goal! Best of luck to you. I think for me, I would be calling it a 30 day diet. ;)

This should be interesting. We all wish we could do this. I'm curious to see your progress. You're in a good place for it, at least.
Good luck with it, and thanks for sharing it with us!

Last edited:
This will be fun to track, good luck. A couple gold rings would really get you off to a good start with gold over a $1,000.00 a once right now.

Awesome. You only need 1 or 2 good finds to make it happen. The 35 hour work week will have to be productive if in a replenishing spot. I bet you improve a lot in a month. Hope you don't get burned out, but then again, the opposite might happen. You may never go back to work and become a professional beach bum. HH!

Make sure to protect your skin. Saltwater and sun can be harsh day after day. Nad rash isn't fun either. Get your vitamins and eat heartily cause your going to burn more calories than normal. Being constantly chilled due to cold water can hit your immune system pretty hard as well.

In the summer I think I could do it...but by the end of our winter months I'd be pretty skinny and probably late on the mortgage/rent unless I found a few 1ct rocks in platinum settings. Good luck to you PD. Stay safe from the men in the grey suits down there.

THanks for the support guys!

Actually Aquaman, I am not planning on going in the water for this mission. Just wet and dry sand. Plus I will be doing all this at night. I no longer hunt in the day due to people interupting and asking what I am searching for. The idea is to cover as much surface area as possible..so I will be swinging reasonably fast.

I am in a lucky situation where I work from home, and my business is almost automated with offshore employees. So for me to go missing for a month is not much of a problem :)

I leave in about an hour for night 1! Wish me luck! hehe

I would starve, some detectorist would come along the beach and get a signal and it would be my bones with the 2 or 3 pence in my finds pouch that I usually find.:lol:

i can live on the cheap but not cheap enough to live off my finds....im with Dave i would be found dead on the beach lol

Back
Top Bottom