Hopefully soon

ChrisnAmanda1

Elite Member
So Looking at the forecast, its supposed to be in the 30s again in the next week and a half or so. Im dying to get back out there, hopefully the snow melts a little and the ground thaws. Montana loves to hang onto winter tho, so im crossing my fingers that March brings us some decent temps... as of now we still hover in the low teens and 20's.

I thought the same was going to happen in my area. However, 'Ol Man Winter' had other ideas. I saw patches of grass yesterday, so I was beginning to get excited and today, 4'' of snow!!!
šŸ˜¢šŸ˜¢

We have had near constant storms since the start of February. 20 plus feet in the higher elevations. It is a nightmare in the Sierras. Down here itā€™s cold and the snow just hasnā€™t stopped. Shoveled 4ā€ this morning and another 4 this afternoon. I canā€™t recall a winter this harsh. We usually get some big storms followed by a warming period. Not this winter.

Yeah, this cold and snow cr@p is getting old!!! Ha!!!! Itā€™s gonna be awhile before I get out the ground is locked up pretty good

I feel for you. It was chilly here today only in the 50's. It was 75 yesterday while I was out digging clad.

I feel for you folks in the North. Here in WC Arkansas, we hardly have snow more than a couple of days in the winter. That said, I still don't get out unless it's in the 40's. I almost died of hypothermia years ago and just can't handle getting chilled at all. I went to Fairbanks, AK back in December of 2016. The temperature was -35 when I landed and never got above -15 the whole week I was there. Needless to say, I didn't see much of Alaska, but still had a great time (my grandson's first birthday). I can see why the state pays permanent residents to live there! It's my understanding that more people are leaving Alaska now, than moving there (as of last year). HH!

Winter here at the beach , 60s one day , 30s the next , anyway the groundhog showed up, so kiss the winter weather by soon ;)

LOL I saw something online of the Groundhog... It said "Groundhog said winter is almost over. Except Montana... that weather does whatever the ** it wants."

Pretty much sums it up! I wish we had a beach!

I feel for you folks in the North. Here in WC Arkansas, we hardly have snow more than a couple of days in the winter. That said, I still don't get out unless it's in the 40's. I almost died of hypothermia years ago and just can't handle getting chilled at all. I went to Fairbanks, AK back in December of 2016. The temperature was -35 when I landed and never got above -15 the whole week I was there. Needless to say, I didn't see much of Alaska, but still had a great time (my grandson's first birthday). I can see why the state pays permanent residents to live there! It's my understanding that more people are leaving Alaska now, than moving there (as of last year). HH!

Yeah, -35 isnt uncommon here either! I grew up in the desert, spent most of my life in one desert or another, lol Transitioning to montana life is definitely interesting....

lol

Ya , i would say a step down from the Alaska Bush show were your at :laughing::laughing::laughing: , it's not like Florida here , but if i was their , the hot tub would be my honey hole, as your season probably run's short ? , how many month's of the year do you see dry , un- frozen ground .:?: :cold:

Ya , i would say a step down from the Alaska Bush show were your at :laughing::laughing::laughing: , it's not like Florida here , but if i was their , the hot tub would be my honey hole, as your season probably run's short ? , how many month's of the year do you see dry , un- frozen ground .:?: :cold:

we get about 5-6 months of unfrozen ground. of those, usually about 3 months with "Warm weather" (Above 60) but from Sep-April its pretty cold..

I am a retired submarine sailor. That is what we called a PING. I do feel sorry for anyone who lives in the frozen north. I grew up much further north than I currently am and like it that way.

Right on! Thanks for your service! I was an 11B in the Army. Cant say I miss it too terribly much, but I could do without the cold! I much prefer the calming and relaxation of metal detecting these days LOL

When a guy lives North of the frostline, he must accept and adapt and work with it instead of cussing and fighting it.....Frozen dirt is your Friend! ..You can still go out and fling coil over snow and frozen dirt and locate targets and evaluate potential sites for the payoff ROI potential.....

Sure you cant dig nothing, but then again Nobody else can either! So you go out and fling coil and research and come up with a fast harvest plan for the thaw....You got your route all figured out based upon what you hear....In this way, Frozen dirt keeps YOUR treasures safe Nearly half the year!! Money in the Bank!.

So you keep hunting, year round, you find the places even if you cant dig, and then you put the blocks to it when its easy.....Its the 'Old Bull Young Bull' scenario...

Let the Young Bulls stay indoors and then run around in fair weather trying to find those locations...The Old Bull already knows where they are, and simply saunters down and puts the blocks to 'em as soon as easily available! See?

When a guy lives North of the frostline, he must accept and adapt and work with it instead of cussing and fighting it.....Frozen dirt is your Friend! ..You can still go out and fling coil over snow and frozen dirt and locate targets and evaluate potential sites for the payoff ROI potential.....

Sure you cant dig nothing, but then again Nobody else can either! So you go out and fling coil and research and come up with a fast harvest plan for the thaw....You got your route all figured out based upon what you hear....In this way, Frozen dirt keeps YOUR treasures safe Nearly half the year!! Money in the Bank!.

So you keep hunting, year round, you find the places even if you cant dig, and then you put the blocks to it when its easy.....Its the 'Old Bull Young Bull' scenario...

Let the Young Bulls stay indoors and then run around in fair weather trying to find those locations...The Old Bull already knows where they are, and simply saunters down and puts the blocks to 'em as soon as easily available! See?

Excellent advice as always....but the cold is so darn chilly

LOL, as always, another EXCELLENT way to put things into perspective.....

hmmm... :PONDERING.....:

0B881E1D-3492-44D9-8769-E233234EFDBA.jpgWe had 2 days of torrential rain on our 16ā€ of snow. It melted a lot of the snow down and then the rain turned to snow again with 3 days of snow. The surprise is the snow insulated the wet ground. I went for an hour today and just had to kick snow out of the way to get to soft wet ground!57398AEE-8109-4109-A915-B8CBB700C3CD.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom