pro-pointer problems

halfstep

Elite Member
I have 2 garrett pro pointers. One for my wife and one for me. Hers is starting to go crazy. It's false hitting a lot. I am going to send it in. Does anyone know the turn around time on these? I changed the battery and it didn't help. It's never been wet or abused. Since hers isn't working right, she took mine so I am without a pin pointer. :mad:

You should have it back by the 21st of this month. They can be a pain when they don't work. :(

G2M

Remove the cap and battery and blow a hairdryer into it for a few minutes. May just be condensation.

Also... Make sure the battery is touching the connectors... Appears some folks had that as a problem. I think someone said they might have put some foil on there to ensure same. Not positive though. Maybe someone else will chime in... Wish I could recall the post...

Ron

Yes, I have taped a small piece of cardboard to my batteries on the bottom so it has a good solid connection when the cap is screwed on tight. That fixed my problem for a while.

G2M

Great product I love it and am lost without it. Had to send mine in a while back. Haven't got it back yet. Just a few bugs need to be worked out. I'm certain they must be making a correction on the ones that are now being manufactured.

I just looked up when I bought them. It was feb. 20 2011 so it looks like I have 9 days left on my warranty. I am going to send it in tomorrow before my warranty runs out. Looks liked I lucked out on that one. Thanks for all the help guys.

I just got one back. It took exactly three weeks. Garrett is great about the entire thing. I wish they could build them to last.

Yay! Just got mine back today. Looks like a brand new housing or main part or whatever, same cap with id#. Thank you Garrett. We all really do love your products and hope that the bugs are now worked out of one of your best....the Pro Pointer.

Back
Top Bottom