Hilton Head? Anyone from/been there?

pryan67

Forum Supporter
So we're trying to plan a beach vacation, and Hilton Head came up in the discussion.

It's close enough to drive (15 hours), has a beach, and nice hotels.

The big question is are there any rules on any specific property about detecting, and I suppose people's thoughts on where to stay that's close to the beach and has a pool, etc?

Beaches in South Carolina from the high tide line are property of the state and are open to the public. There are only a few places that you can gain access to the beach on Hilton Head but if you don't mind walking you can detect anywhere on the beach.

Beaches in South Carolina from the high tide line are property of the state and are open to the public. There are only a few places that you can gain access to the beach on Hilton Head but if you don't mind walking you can detect anywhere on the beach.

Awesome, thanks. We'll be staying at a resort on the beach (if we go, still up in the air) so getting to the beach won't be an issue

Hilton Head

I`ve vacationed there several times but never detected.

My take
beautiful beaches with ocean swimming being quite nice. The waves are calm.
Golf, golf, and more golf..Golf courses everywhere at the various plantations (and tennis)
The island does a great job of keeping the facade of it from looking commercialized.No billboards or signs on businesses like you find in most places
Sea Pines at the end of the island is the place to go for night life, people watching, and some of the nicer dining.

Enjoy!

I hope that we end up going there...and driving :) I don't want to fly anywhere for vacation since I don't trust the airlines with my detectors.

Back
Top Bottom