Behold SOVZILLA - Waterproof Sovereign XS-2A Pro - Pic Heavy

This thread was started back in the day of very limited choices. Waterproofing a Sovereign was tried by many of us. Some out there were great at it and quite creative. We asked and asked for Minelab to release a more modern waterproof Sovereign. I guess the Equinox a decade later was their eventual answer. Too bad. Yeah the Nox is great, but a BBS unit in the same package would have been down right awesome.

I for one applaud anyone who can do this stuff. But.... an Xcal offers the same depth doesnt it?

Agree 100% Dew. Now we can pick up a used Sov for $450-$500 while the Excal Blues are running a few hundred more. But why go through the trouble when the performance is about the same?

R5

This thread was started back in the day of very limited choices. Waterproofing a Sovereign was tried by many of us. Some out there were great at it and quite creative. We asked and asked for Minelab to release a more modern waterproof Sovereign. I guess the Equinox a decade later was their eventual answer. Too bad. Yeah the Nox is great, but a BBS unit in the same package would have been down right awesome.

Ive gotta say, for 25 year-old technology, I really, REALLY, like the BBS.

R5

I stop in every few weeks and see what everyone is up to. Been itching to hunt and this post does not help. His set up is exactly what I did, and was a killer set up in a small back. I found a lot of goodies with it.

Back
Top Bottom