First Barber Quarter & Calvin Coolidge Token

ynnek4

Found at turn of the century site.

Had a faint steady signal. "I guess I will dig it."
About 10-11 inches down this popped out. My first Barber to date!

Cleaned up

Coolidge token

Thanks for looking!

Thanks everyone for the kind words! What a great hobby this is. I am relatively a "newbie (3 years on and off)" at this point but wow is this hobby addicting. I come from mainly hunting Indian artifacts in plowed fields but I am finding this hobby presents a much more open-ended wildcard on what you may possibly find.

I was sort of in shock seeing the "1904." I was not expecting a Barber after the first initial rub. I had recently found a 1926 Wheatie in the vicinity so I guess I subconsciously expected that. I pretty much stopped at that point and walked over to the property owner to show him. He was really eyeballing it. He called me over later into his house to show me some info on the coin. He was very interested in my detecting at this point. :grin:

I currently have a comparable great signal I could not dig due to it being so close to an older oak tree. It felt like concrete with the initial shovel thrust. Going to have to make it back there again in the near future and try to get to it after finding this Barber.

Take care!

Back
Top Bottom