Garrett's new waterproof pro-pointer! WANT.

I just watched it too. Really want it! I was thinking I was going to have to mod my pro pointer with silicon, but we'll have to see what the price point is on this one....

I have never had a need for a pinpointer underwater. I am deadly accurate with my 10.5 CZ-21 and my 8" Tiger Shark.

I really don't see a value for water detectorists. BUT everyone has a different way of recovery.

Another thought. No headphones and you are hearing the beeps? Video is a bit false advertising I think. I don't know if that sound would travel underwater. Only good 10' another toy I would drown fast.

I hope they used a better switch then on their current model... as long as its not $200 I think I will spring for one as it will be handy hunting in the mud dirt hunting and using it in my sifter to find the little bullets that look like rocks...

When I water hunt I use a scoop, even in the shallow water and so far havent seemed to need a waterproof pointer. I suppose I might appreciate it if I were hunting in the heavy rain but other than that I don't see myself needing one. What situation am I not thinking about here, what circumstances would you guys need a waterproof pointer?

I am anxious to see what they mean by more powerfull. I'm always wanting a Garretts which hits 3 inches. Like those mentioned here already...I never needed waterproof but suppose it would be a nice re-selling aspect. If I did ever find water as a threat to the pointer, my V3i would have already captured all my water-worries.

I hope it hits 3 inches. I certainly don't need another pinpointer. One that would have me only needing to carry one and not two, is my end goal. It will be fun watching the information unfold. martin

Looks cool, but it was kind of stupid to show a guy using it underwater, hearing it beep, and NOT show him recovering anything...
I suppose the vibration feature will be key underwater.

Mehhhhh never mind the water proofing, how about garrett just makes one that doesn't false when pressure is applied to it. I've gone through 3 GPPs already and I don't hunt that often.

Definitely want one! When, and how much do you need, Garrett?

I wouldn't use it for all of my water hunting, but in rivers that is the perfect tool! It can be really hard to chase down targets in a rocky river bottom! I made a water-resistant housing, of sorts, for mine, but having one designed to go as deep as my AT Pro would be awesome! Now, it had BETTER come with a lanyard loop!

I like it for all the reasons said here too. Will help in rain, mud, if you drop it in the river, even washing it clean. All things and reasons that can help keep it safe and dry.

I am anxious to see what they mean by more powerfull. I'm always wanting a Garretts which hits 3 inches. Like those mentioned here already...I never needed waterproof but suppose it would be a nice re-selling aspect. If I did ever find water as a threat to the pointer, my V3i would have already captured all my water-worries.

I hope it hits 3 inches. I certainly don't need another pinpointer. One that would have me only needing to carry one and not two, is my end goal. It will be fun watching the information unfold. martin

I would imagine they reverse engineered a TRX to gain the depth the propointer never had.

I have never had a need for a pinpointer underwater. I am deadly accurate with my 10.5 CZ-21 and my 8" Tiger Shark.

I really don't see a value for water detectorists. BUT everyone has a different way of recovery.

Another thought. No headphones and you are hearing the beeps? Video is a bit false advertising I think. I don't know if that sound would travel underwater. Only good 10' another toy I would drown fast.

Its for the guys who hunt like aquachigger and nuggetnoggin. A pinpointer wastes a bunch of time beach hunting in my area. Any time you quit using the scoop in the equation you lose time off the clock and your back pain at the end of the day isn't worth leaning over. Only time I lean over is if I drop my scoop handle:lol:

Am I the ONLY one that finds this strange?

They post a video on youtube, can't google a thing and NO dealers have chimed in anywhere to say a price.

Wouldn't they let their dealers know about this FIRST??

They post a video on youtube, can't google a thing and NO dealers have chimed in anywhere to say a price.

Not only that, but what a perfect time to release it...just after the holidays lol.

when you guys all spring for the underwater one, someone give me a good deal on the one you have now! Thanks!! :)

It's on Big Boys Hobbies and price is $149 but is "Out of Stock"

Back
Top Bottom