Seeking suggestions

jimmyo

:( I'm getting ready to buy a new detector for use mainly on the beach near Asbury Park, NJ, and possibly in the hills of North Jersey, every once in awhile. I've been fighting myself trying to decide which is best for my needs. Originally I was set on a Beach Hunter, but I'm not actually going into the water, maybe just the surf area, maybe . . . . Then a friend got me looking hard at the Prism V. But before I could actually buy it, another friend swayed me toward the M 6. Please, any suggestions or ideas or advantages that one might hold over the other? Thank you.

If you can find one... IDX PRO... Its a great all around detector and is killer on the beach... Its very stable on the beach... If the M6 is anything like the MXT you wouldn't want to use it on the wet sand.. I own an MXT and its just too noisy to use on the wet...

IDX is also a good coin shooter in the dirt.

I don't know why Whites stopped making it..

Thanks, I appreciate your advice. I just got off the phone with the folks a White's, and I an liking the Beach Hunter more and more. But I am truly open to suggestions and ideas.

Jimmy...

The Beach Hunter is a good detector and you can go in the water if you so choose... I don't know how it would be in the dirt though...

The Beach Hunter is a good unit and does work well in dirt. I found you have to rebalance from sand to dirt. You may also have to from wet to dry sand as well.I hope I was of some help.
L.I. Mike

Although I have never hunted a New Jersey beach I have heard that the BeachHunter ID works well there. I don't think you can go wrong since you can still use it on land also. I would suggest this over a Prizm V simply because I feel the Prizm is more geared toward land hunting only. If you need any more help give me a call.

GO FOR THE BEACH HUNTER!!GREAT DETECTOR!!!

I HAVE BEEN USING ONE FOR A YEAR I USE IT IN WATER FRESH/SALT...ON LAND ALSO FIELDS PARKS ECT. YOU GET VISUAL ID AND TONE ID YOU CAN HUNT IN ALL METAL AND STILL NOT HAVE TO DIG IRON CAUSE THE VISUAL ID IS ALWAYS ON THREE LIGHTS GREEN=SILVER/COIN YELLOW=GOLD/NICKEL RED=IRON/STEEL YOU NEVER HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT RAIN!! YOU CAN HUNT IN THE MIDDLE OF A NORTHEASTER AND GET ALL THE GOOD LOOT BEFORE EVERYONE GETS TO THE BEACH!! YOU CAN HUNT LAKES PONDS FARM FIELDS ITS A GREAT WATER DETECTOR AND A GOOD ALL AROUND LAND DETECTOR!! YOU GET MULTI FREQ.3K THE BEST FOR SILVER AND 15K THE BEST FOR GOLD. HOPE THIS HELPS YOU

Every  thing  Beach hunter  said  about  the  "ID"  is  spot on.  I  would  though  emphasize  that  rebalancing  as  you move  along  from one ground  environment  to another  is  critical  for optimum  depth. The  manual  is  quite  specific   with instructions on  how  to  do it. I  use  mine  in fresh  water  continue  up  the beach,  parking  lot,  and  fields.  It  works  anywhere,  just  keep ground balancing  it,  just takes  a  couple  seconds.  It  is  sort of second  nature  with  me,   like  checking  the  rear  view  mirror.  I would  add,  this  is  a well balanced  machine.  The  weight is  supported  by  your  shoulder  and  not  your  forearm,  so  you can  get  2  to  3  hours  of  hunting  without  constantly  switching   sides..You also  have  the option of  hip  mounting  the  box,  but  beware  of  snagging  the headset  cable.  As  far as  the  light  system  go'es, its  a  3  tone detector.  I  never look at the lights  unless it  nulls.  The  light  may  still show  you what's  there.

Here in Florida, we  get  rain almost  every day  in  the  summer.  You can detect  right  through it,  no  covers  or  anything  else  to protect  it.  I also recommend disassembling  the  shaft occasionaly,  cleaning  it and putting on a  quick  spray of  silicon....HH   Gil

Back
Top Bottom