Fake beach

Bayoutalker

Elite Member
I have threatened to hunt these volley ball courts for some time now. Yesterday afternoon I saw a bunch of people actually using them, the first time I've actually seen anyone use them. So this morning I figured it was now or never despite the Southeast Texas heat. First I gridded the right half fairly thoroughly and found 1 penny and a cheap glittered stud earring along with a few pieces of foil. By that time I was soaking wet and it was only about 9:30am. Since that area wasn't great I decided on the other half to hit the areas that had lots of foot prints. To say the least, it was even more dismal than the other side. Now I know why I haven't hit it before.

For anyone wanting to know I was using my Nox 800 set on Field 1. I was impressed at some of the tiny bits that gave a clear signal. At least it gives me hope for the future. If anyone has any suggestions for this kind of location please let us know. It may help someone down the road.
bcba99cc7740c2ca8da8f142aa0cc197.jpg

Cliff

I tried a volleyball court while back on a family reunion at a park in North Dakota. A clad dime and quarter, but nothing.... zip... nada on the jewelry or rings. Wish I could be of more help, but I've heard, just like basketball courts, to check the edges in the grass as that is somewhere where folks playing v-ball might take off rings and other valuables... I'll make sure I do that next time!

Rumor has it that most of the good finds are under or near the net.
Think about people slamming their hands into it :D

I tried a volleyball court while back on a family reunion at a park in North Dakota. A clad dime and quarter, but nothing.... zip... nada on the jewelry or rings. Wish I could be of more help, but I've heard, just like basketball courts, to check the edges in the grass as that is somewhere where folks playing v-ball might take off rings and other valuables... I'll make sure I do that next time!
I hit some of the edges but I didn't get any shallow hits at all. The dirt is hard as rock so I didn't try digging 8-10" to look for a penny.

Cliff

Keep at those courts...they can pay off. My buddy and I have mapped many in and around our areas. Sometimes we hit them all in a Monday morning route after the weekend fun of depositors.
I typically grid out at least 15 feet from the sand and thats where I have found most of my finds. My guess is most people lose their items when going after the ball then tripping, falling. Or in some cases, you get items that spill out from their personable's like bags or clothes when they lay them down along the edge of the court.
The first time I hunted one, I found a gold wristwatch by the edge so its worth gridding good and besides it doesnt take that long. We could knock out a bunch in one morning.
Also check any spots like bars that may have courts in the back. I've known people who get permission to hunt them as long as they leave a contact in case a customer loses something.
Good luck

Back
Top Bottom